Elmo Excitement

Bob and I discussed earlier in the day that when we did potty train Ella, we would start on a Monday and not plan on going anywhere all week.

Well, , ten minutes before bed last night, Ella decided she was "big" and wanted to wear "Elmo" underwear! So what should we do? She has been doing pretty well with waking up dry for a few months now, so we took a chance and DID IT! We told her she could wear "Elmo" as long she didn't make Elmo sad by getting him wet or dirty. I'll confess--I was pretty much planning on bathing her and washing her sheets before church. She woke up DRY! She went to church with her underwear and we took her to the bathroom twice during the first block. She went to nursery and I told the leaders I would come back in half hour to take her to the bathroom, but when I got back she had already gone! She took a nap and again woke up dry. We went to my aunt's house tonight and were worried once again about a "public accident", especially when she was sitting on my cousin's lap, but she did great. When we got home, we had planned to take her again, but Bob and I got distracted by something in the kitchen...it only took a minute or so, but it was too late. She started waddling to the bathroom saying she needed new pants. A little setback, but really we are very pleased with her progress today. She wore Elmo and kept him dry for 24 hours!!!!! Not bad for the first day of unplanned potty training :)

When she said prayers tonight, she asked for Elmo to be happy and not be sad anymore. We will try again tomorrow, on Monday, hey what do you know? ;) She was just one day ahead of schedule!
Any advice on how to get them not SCARED to go #2, would be appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts