Wake me when September's over...
I heard this song when I was first pregnant with Ella...my sentiments exactly.
Well, now September's over. We got back form the wedding and have been running ever since! Bob helped to train a new co-worker, Ella started Pre-school, and I started my final semester in college! Poor James is just trying to adjust to the insanity.
His favorite song is "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home :( and Ella changed the words to that song to "I'm so glad when Mommy comes home from being gone all day :( No I don't willfully neglect my children but I am gone from them more than I would like.
One of the classes I have to take is to help backstage or act in a play on campus. So since I am not over 30 (yet) I chose to Stage Manage the show, knowing I would not be cast in the show. Really, being there on the choosing side of auditions, it came down to who was older and more experienced. We are putting on Arsenic and Old Lace in October, perfect for Halloween season, for those of you familiar with the show.
Also, I am Theater Council President and we re-organized the officers, so even though we are involved in a lot of activities, there are three committees that report to me, so I don't really have as much to do! Thank goodness for delegation! Our blog (that I don't run ;) is here Check it out!
Bob and I keep saying we just have to survive until Halloween and then it will all be downhill. Actually, we just have to make it one more week, because then my amazing mother-in-law is coming back to live with us until the show is over! (sigh of relief) I think it will be better for the kids, too. Not going back and forth with different baby sitters all the time. Don't get me wrong the babysitters we have are awesome, they just need a live-in nanny with all our comings and goings.
Well, that's life for now. Keep us in your prayers because we could never do it without them. Sorry I haven't checked up on everyone's blogs lately. Give me a month, k?
Well, now September's over. We got back form the wedding and have been running ever since! Bob helped to train a new co-worker, Ella started Pre-school, and I started my final semester in college! Poor James is just trying to adjust to the insanity.
His favorite song is "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home :( and Ella changed the words to that song to "I'm so glad when Mommy comes home from being gone all day :( No I don't willfully neglect my children but I am gone from them more than I would like.
One of the classes I have to take is to help backstage or act in a play on campus. So since I am not over 30 (yet) I chose to Stage Manage the show, knowing I would not be cast in the show. Really, being there on the choosing side of auditions, it came down to who was older and more experienced. We are putting on Arsenic and Old Lace in October, perfect for Halloween season, for those of you familiar with the show.
Also, I am Theater Council President and we re-organized the officers, so even though we are involved in a lot of activities, there are three committees that report to me, so I don't really have as much to do! Thank goodness for delegation! Our blog (that I don't run ;) is here Check it out!
Bob and I keep saying we just have to survive until Halloween and then it will all be downhill. Actually, we just have to make it one more week, because then my amazing mother-in-law is coming back to live with us until the show is over! (sigh of relief) I think it will be better for the kids, too. Not going back and forth with different baby sitters all the time. Don't get me wrong the babysitters we have are awesome, they just need a live-in nanny with all our comings and goings.
Well, that's life for now. Keep us in your prayers because we could never do it without them. Sorry I haven't checked up on everyone's blogs lately. Give me a month, k?
Comments