In a nutshell

Yes we moved...in July. And we pretty much fell off the planet.

Here's a list of all that I want to post in detail but get frustrated when I think about doing it. And of course pictures to keep the Grandparents happy :)

Here goes:

Our van died, fixed battery, connections

Moved to Hibbard

Helping with "Oliver!" Having Ella do my make up after I did hers


Our van died, fixed alternator and fuse

Family reunion in Oregon

SWIMMING


Ella did a week long play in WA


Our van died, fixed radio

Bob promoted, sort of

Grandma and Jason came to Rexburg (BYUI tour, meeting with Jack Weyland, my first canning lesson)

Ella started Kindergarten


Our van died, (Do you see a pattern here?) fixed battery connections

Taught James to use scissors. It;s his favorite thing to do now. (Downside? constantly picking up tiny papers...)


Hung curtains, attempted to decorate the house, but only with the help of awesome friends.

Climbed Menan Buttes ("R" Mountain) as a family WITHOUT MY CANE!
Made it into a great FHE activity with holding on to the Iron rod to make it up the steep climb of life.



Canned peaches and peach raspberry and strawberry jams Mmmmmmm!


Fixed belts on our van, now it is squeaky like Bob's car!

Had numerous bar-b-ques whenever possible with our picnic bench. Watching the sunset! I LOVE the country!


Hung more curtains, sewing James train quilt

Buying yellow so James will like his train quilt (He is obsessed with Yellow)

Canning peaches, pears, more peach raspberry jam

Played one-on-on basketball in our backyard. Feels so good to RUN again!

Watching the gorgeous sunset (this does not do it justice to our unimpeded view. Come see for yourself! Only one house between us and the horizon)


Picking/canning apples and making apple pies with the left overs

Ella made Kung Fu apple pear salad (Her name and semi-creation)

Made and delivered (on foot) 5 dozen carrot cookies to members of our new ward (These are so delicious! I really want to make more)

Having an ugh week to be sick and watch my fruit over ripen...

Re-learned how to crochet, made head bands for me and the kids


Made pear cake, pear bread with recipes I found online

And now being called as a Den Leader for Weblos in our ward

Whew! See it's not that I/we are so bored and lonely in the country...OH no, It is so much fun to be actively working, cleaning, fixing, learning, playing and enjoying those little things again.


Oh and my phone bit the dust...I finally had to upgrade, kicking and screaming. Just ask Bob. So if I haven't called in a while chances are I don't have YOUR number in my new phone, so call me.

Comments

Popular Posts