Snip here, snip there, chop, chop, where?
I don't usually clean up Ella's room if she is not home, but I wanted to help her out. Over by her desk, some hair, and then some more and then a large pile on top of scissors. She had helped herself and chopped at her bangs and in the back of her hair as well!! I wasn't all that surprised since she loves fashion, nails and doing hair. What I didn't know was HOW to handle the situation, without over reacting.
When she got home from school, I took a good look at her self-cut. Picture this: her hair parted in the middle with short spikes sticking up in front where bangs would be. Only she didn't have bangs...until she gave herself some.
I've been giving boys/men hair cuts for awhile. Bob, James, even my brothers have trusted me to do so. But I had no idea how to cut girls hair. Mine is so thick, has to be layered, thinned, everything, I had never considered it. Ella's hair is thinner, but still, what kind of style should I do, one with bangs obviously :)
I found some good, easy tips on some parenting sites and prepared myself for a long night standing and fixing her locks. (She would be going to Princess Days that weekend and everyone would see it if I messed it up more!)
As always, we turned on some "Duck Tales" episodes and I got to work, parting, getting the other hair out of the way...She really did a number on the back and I had to cut off a good three inches. She really didn't want bangs, but well, sweetheart, I think you did :) After probably 4, no 5? Duck Tales, I was finally done!! It looks pretty cute and when people say they love her hair, it makes my day. What do you think?
Those who know Ella well, say she is a little adult. Most of the time that is trued but she is still a kid...and she reminds us with those moments. When asked if she wanted to go see Mormon Tabernacle Choir in concert (now that she is old enough and she has begged to see them) she asked, "the REAL Mormon Tabernacle Choir?"
"Yes, do you want to go?"
Ella: "Just take a picture for me! I'll stay with the babysitter!"
![]() |
| Before self cut: Talk like a Pirate day outfit complete with Mr. Potato Head earrings |
I've been giving boys/men hair cuts for awhile. Bob, James, even my brothers have trusted me to do so. But I had no idea how to cut girls hair. Mine is so thick, has to be layered, thinned, everything, I had never considered it. Ella's hair is thinner, but still, what kind of style should I do, one with bangs obviously :)
I found some good, easy tips on some parenting sites and prepared myself for a long night standing and fixing her locks. (She would be going to Princess Days that weekend and everyone would see it if I messed it up more!)
As always, we turned on some "Duck Tales" episodes and I got to work, parting, getting the other hair out of the way...She really did a number on the back and I had to cut off a good three inches. She really didn't want bangs, but well, sweetheart, I think you did :) After probably 4, no 5? Duck Tales, I was finally done!! It looks pretty cute and when people say they love her hair, it makes my day. What do you think?
Those who know Ella well, say she is a little adult. Most of the time that is trued but she is still a kid...and she reminds us with those moments. When asked if she wanted to go see Mormon Tabernacle Choir in concert (now that she is old enough and she has begged to see them) she asked, "the REAL Mormon Tabernacle Choir?"
"Yes, do you want to go?"
Ella: "Just take a picture for me! I'll stay with the babysitter!"


Comments