Details of our lives

We are in sunny California! Only it wasn't so sunny the first few days. Cold, wet, rainy. But the weather cleared up beautifully.

I am having surgery Thursday for my compressed, stretched, trauma-ed nerve. It's not to take out the nerve (phew!), but to make space for the angry, bulging nerve to do its job.



Last week on our way to San Francisco, traffic was backed up. Worse than usual my in-laws said. I was getting a little anxious about the situation and being late for my appointment. But my father-in-law calmly told one of the kids, "when you are frustrated the Holy Ghost can't guide you." It's true! I have been so blessed by my in-laws calm examples as everything has been up in the air and in the realm of unknown. Not my favorite place to be. I am a planner, try to organized at least. (Now you know why Bob is so laid back.)  Oh! To be more like them...

Dr K saw me after having gone over all my records (Fun read, I am sure!). He kept saying it was "good story" and once again confirmed I do not have a beer-belly!? Yeah, thanks. He did a lidacain shot to confirm it just as the cortisone shot did in December. Man, I hate those shots! They feel great until the numbing agent wears off a few hours later...and then my entire leg screams at me for the torture I put it through. Nope not an allergic reaction, just a bad side effect that happens to some people. Lucky me!


I was really nervous about the CA trip until I realized it was the Lord who had led us to California. And as a result I met an amazing woman at the Salt Lake Airport minutes before we boarded the plane. The kids and I were playing "I spy" and the kids kept spying and touching her shirt. Kids= No Personal space. She asked me about the cane and said "You look like me a few years back." We continued talking and realized we had a lot in common. At the same time, the kids were pulling me to the gate to board the plane. (Opposition in all things?! ) I never get people's information to keep in touch, especially those I have never met, but I couldn't leave this woman without being able to talk to her again. She also didn't want the conversation to end and gave me her business card. She sat threes rows ahead of us on the plane and was not at baggage when we landed. I call her my Salt Lake Angel. I promise, she is real and I have been in touch with her since then.


I naively thought we'd come, do surgery if it was suggested, and then be done with this...yeah, not yet anyway. It's been a learning curve getting everything lined up this week. There are so many times I really didn't think surgery would happen. But two days out, we are go. I won't be able to do much for the next few weeks. Somehow, I didn't realize that. But I have some family close, and great ward family and friends in Utah where we fly in and at home in Idaho. My mom is coming up to help my aunt with family history which amazingly coincides with my travel plans.

I am constantly amazed! The Lord is in the details of our lives. He love us and wants the best for us. It has not been easy being away from Bob this long, for either of us. I don;'t know if it has helped or made it harder to have pictures of him all around me. Thankfully, his brothers came up for a boys party last weekend to keep him company. They had a "Nerf gun wars, super-smash, snow shoveling, pizza eating" weekend. At the same time, we Californians went to Monterey Bay, CA,. Even better that it was a weekend and no Dr. information was flying back and forth :) We walked the beach, looked for shells, enjoyed the aquarium and relaxed (or at least I did!). It was wonderful. All James wanted to see were Sharks! And guess what day we went: Shark Days! LOTS of sharks-- feedings, sightings, activities, and prizes! Pics to come.

Comments

Popular Posts