Pregnancy Update

I am a belt lover!
I finally broke down and bought one of those maternity belts. Mother to Be brand if I remember right. It is amazing how much support it gives me; I wish I had one when I was pregnant with Ella. While in Utah, I got a massage from a friend and I could honestly say I didn't have any "problem areas"...I felt like I wasted the free full body massage, but it was beautiful. She told me that they were taught at massage school NOT to massage the hip/thigh area of pregnant women anyway, so it is a good thing they were not sore. I just wish she was closer than Salt Lake.

Sugars too sweet!
A few weeks ago I did the glucose test (ugh! So much sugar! I wasn't tested with Ella, so that was an experience.) Well to make a long story short, I took the 3 hr one as well and was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. Now I get to adjust my diet and check my sugars 4 times a day :) Unfortunately I haven't met with the nutritionist yet, so I am kind of winging it from what I have learned on-line, but hopefully we can get the numbers in the right range soon.


It actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be so far...except for while we were in Utah I had a renewed craving for Chocolate milk which has way too many carbs in it. I might have to look into the SOY option though because it doesn't taste that bad. I also have a friend who went to Europe and was going to bring me back some GERMAN chocolate! I just try not to think about those things...

Any help in this department with foods would be very helpful. Good luck to those who are taking the tests soon. Don't read all the crazy horror stories before you go in...like I did!


Halloween Surprise?
People have been asking us when we are due...our new answer is anywhere from Halloween to Thanksgiving! Today at our appointment we confirmed with our doctor that he IS planning on a c-section on Halloween--a week before our Nov 7th due date. BUT we meet with our specialist next week; we'll see what he has to say about that...

So we are between 30-32 weeks today :) When the nurse said our next appointment (2 weeks out) was Oct 1st, it startled me! That seems way to soon! Especially seeing Halloween decorations in the stores and on people's door steps.

Comments

Jamie,,, one really good tip to keep in mind... eat a snack before going to bed, I always had a half peanut butter sandwich,,, BUT if you want to have a bowl of cereal, chose it as a dinner option, not a morning option. Any type of milk or dairy product raises your blood sugar extremely high in the mornings vs later in the day... weird I know, but with me, I have to take twice as much insulin for a bowl a cereal if I chose to have it in the morning over in the evening!!!! Good luck with everything!!!!

Popular Posts