Back on-line!
Ahhh, I have wanted to update our blog forever! So much has happened in the last two, almost three weeks and I feel so out of the loop since I haven't read anyone's blogs in that long either!
While I was on bed rest, my mom was here for a week and then my mother-in-law, Martha, came up on Halloween and was with us until Thanksgiving! We are so blessed. We never could have done it without them (It is still really weird to me that I haven't been shopping since Oct 22! Bob says his bank account thanks me :)
So forgive me, but this blog is a months worth of blogs...and lots of pictures too!
Hospital Pics


We had our little boy Wednesday, and he is so precious and dare I say: EASY! He is so mellow (Even I couldn't believe the video Bob took in the nursery, but that's just James. He cries if he is hungry or wants held, otherwise he is pretty content. He even laughs and purrs in his sleep. So cute!
FUNNY MOMENT!
(If I mess this up, excuse me. I was on lots of good drugs :)
My friends Jan and Alicia came to visit and we had a side-splitting (good?) time. Jan was due next week and she said they had decided to name their baby Payton Matthew...and then I put their last name on and realized thier son's initial would be P.M.S!!!! She couldn't believe it and they had a good laugh, while I tried desperately NOT to laugh!
Home at last!
We didn't go home until Saturday night because of some problems I was having with the c-section. I felt like I had a left hip replacement, not a c-section...
As of today, the drs said that the nerves got tangled up in the surgery and I will just have to wait for them to re-grow. The pain is very slowly getting better (the very fact that I sitting at this computer chair is a miracle!) I don't carry James at all for fear that the pain will hit while I am carrying him (which it has before). I am looking forward to LEAVING the house again hopefully soon. I love visitors :) We are just hoping that all will be well be January at the latest when I am supposed to start school again!

Ella was SO excited to have us home after 4 days. For the next week, any time Bob left she asked with a sad face, "going to the hospital?"

When I had Ella, I wasn't able to lie down in bed for 2 weeks because I was sore! This time, I went stir crazy after 2 days and did it any way. That is one good thing about a repeat c-section: Still being numb from the first one, I couldn't really feel any pain the second time around on my scar.

Big sister Ella sharing the news...

and throwing a good tantrum at the hospital!


An almost perfect picture! We are quickly learning how hard it is to get the perfect picture with two kids.

First bath at home
Daddy and Martha gave James a bath and did a great job while I played photographer!


The first 8 pictures we took of James at home, he had he eyes wide open and then blinked EVERY TIME. He is such a Patten :) Parents are persistent, though.

While I was on bed rest, my mom was here for a week and then my mother-in-law, Martha, came up on Halloween and was with us until Thanksgiving! We are so blessed. We never could have done it without them (It is still really weird to me that I haven't been shopping since Oct 22! Bob says his bank account thanks me :)
So forgive me, but this blog is a months worth of blogs...and lots of pictures too!
Hospital Pics
We had our little boy Wednesday, and he is so precious and dare I say: EASY! He is so mellow (Even I couldn't believe the video Bob took in the nursery, but that's just James. He cries if he is hungry or wants held, otherwise he is pretty content. He even laughs and purrs in his sleep. So cute!
FUNNY MOMENT!
(If I mess this up, excuse me. I was on lots of good drugs :)
My friends Jan and Alicia came to visit and we had a side-splitting (good?) time. Jan was due next week and she said they had decided to name their baby Payton Matthew...and then I put their last name on and realized thier son's initial would be P.M.S!!!! She couldn't believe it and they had a good laugh, while I tried desperately NOT to laugh!
Home at last!
We didn't go home until Saturday night because of some problems I was having with the c-section. I felt like I had a left hip replacement, not a c-section...
As of today, the drs said that the nerves got tangled up in the surgery and I will just have to wait for them to re-grow. The pain is very slowly getting better (the very fact that I sitting at this computer chair is a miracle!) I don't carry James at all for fear that the pain will hit while I am carrying him (which it has before). I am looking forward to LEAVING the house again hopefully soon. I love visitors :) We are just hoping that all will be well be January at the latest when I am supposed to start school again!
Ella was SO excited to have us home after 4 days. For the next week, any time Bob left she asked with a sad face, "going to the hospital?"

When I had Ella, I wasn't able to lie down in bed for 2 weeks because I was sore! This time, I went stir crazy after 2 days and did it any way. That is one good thing about a repeat c-section: Still being numb from the first one, I couldn't really feel any pain the second time around on my scar.
Big sister Ella sharing the news...
and throwing a good tantrum at the hospital!
An almost perfect picture! We are quickly learning how hard it is to get the perfect picture with two kids.
First bath at home
Daddy and Martha gave James a bath and did a great job while I played photographer!
The first 8 pictures we took of James at home, he had he eyes wide open and then blinked EVERY TIME. He is such a Patten :) Parents are persistent, though.
Comments