Getting ready for the Holidays

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

A tradition in our family is to MAKE a Christmas tree. No, I am not kidding. We don't want to buy a fake one that we have to store and see no reason to buy one at a lot every year, so we decided to try this last year and we had a blast!

This is our tree from last year.


Ella was just learning how to color and thought stickers were awesome. My brother (on a mission in Spain) told me our tree was more ghetto than his...) I think there is a difference between wanting a real tree and making you because you really want to! We had so many friends who saw our tree offered to BUY us one. We really do LIKE the time we spent together making the tree and can't wait to see what the kids come up with as they get older :)


This year we thought we would try a 3-d tree!


and we absolutely love it! No watering the tree, no needles falling off, no storing it;
just pictures and fun memories.

Comments

Alan & Debbie said…
I love the tress! That is so funny that you guys make your trees. I bet it is a lot of fun to do together as a family!
We totally should get together while we are in Idaho. E-mail me and we will make arrangements. =)

Popular Posts