Birthday for a Princess
Today our little princess turned 3! We spent all day together as a family, I love those days so much. We decided to go to a restaurant for breakfast. Ella came out of her room wearing these shoes...they are three sizes too big for her but hey, now she is bigger, so she thought she would wear them. The amazing thing is the only fell off once all day!
After breakfast, we went over to the children's museum here in town. It's been there for a little over a year now, we just have never made it over there to check it out. We played dress up, went shopping, climbed up in the loft, read books and we had a blast.
Ella loved the cash register and typing on it, like she does in nursery all the time. She thought this one was even better though, since it popped open to make change!
James even found something he would have loved to chew on...
We had the whole museum to ourselves and after two hours of fun decided to head home for naptime, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...and then let the festivities begin! Dud-dud-du-dah!
Ella wanted "sparkle cup cakes" so we took it one step further and made ice cream cone funfetti cup cakes with sprinkles! I'd seen the recipe but never made it before. (FYI: Next time, I won't put the leftovers in a Ziploc bag...the cones get withered and hard fast!)
Happy Birthday Ella! We love you!
Comments
"Afloat
Floating with the wind, I am drifting east…It’s like I calmed the ocean still and put the waves to sleep…But the tides are changing, no it ain't the same…There lies a faith in the absence of control they say…One step forth, and I try to get back…a coward's fear on trial with the weakest faith in man…you called me out of my comfort, you called me out of the boat…To walk on my own alone, alone…Sometimes I am lost on the open water…Sometimes I am thrown by the wind and the waves…Sometimes I am swimming in the deep end…Can I stay afloat, stay afloat…The ocean is deep below my feet…afraid of what’s to come, so I slowly start to sink…I was waiting for my ending, but then you grabbed my hand…Just like I knew, you would you would…chorus…In the rain, there is a storm, barely breathing as I paddle, I am sinking - does it matter?...In my final breath, my only hope, You come to save me…"