Double Wedding Weekend
My cousin Michelle and one my best friends, Tammy, were both getting married in Utah. Miraculously, the weddings and celebrations were close enough together for us to attend both, so off we went.

Traveling down
We left Wednesday night after Bob got off work. Normally that would have meant pretty late, but with the new Wednesday schedule we took off around 9 PM. After our last Utah trip of taking forever to get down there, amazingly we made it in record time, in by 1:15 Am and Bob and I were barely getting tired. Not bad, the only problem was James had slept the whole way so he didn't quite understand why we were making him go back to sleep! :)
Fun with cousins
We had planned on attending a temple session with family on Thursday, but were unable to, so we enjoyed the day relaxing instead. Literally! I haven't had a chance to just lie down and read in the longest time and it was beautiful. But not to last...my cousin, Bryson thought that I needed some company; good thing he is so cute!

Ella and Aubree played well together and often Bryson would join in as well. Jumping on the trampoline, swinging, playing on the piano and singing-they did it all!



Bob even disappeared for a little while to work on his book, while the rest of us "kids" took a nap, me included. More Grandpas and Grandmas showed up (as Ella would say) and joined in the crazy fun and then off to dinner later that night.



Michelle and David
The next morning we went down to the Mount Timpanogos Temple for Michelle and David's sealing. And Ella was so sad that she couldn't go in the Temple with us. "But, I'm keeping the Commandments and I'm big now..." Actually, this temple has somewhat of a lobby before going into the Temple doors, so Ella got to go in there and see Jesus and she felt like, she was really in the temple. We also ran into some friends from the ward: the Jacobsons. Danielle was the photographer for another wedding, just minutes before my cousin came out the same doors. Of all the temples in Utah, What are the chances?! She was understandably busy but I was so excited to talk to her about photography and what kind of camera she has, etc. when we get back. I know, I'm a photo nerd, even though I have taken a break from it lately :)

BBQ & Dinner
Later that night, things were crazy! Bob the kids, my mom and I went to all of about 15 minutes of Michelle and David's BBQ. Thinking we wouldn't be there long, I left my camera in the car! Bob was like I told you so :) Oh, well. She knows I love her and Michele and David live up by us so it's not like we won't wee them again...but i did feel bad I didn't get to talk to my other cousins and family members. We took a picture of my family, now that my brother is home from his mission and then dashed over to Tammy's dinner reception, the night before HER wedding. I haven't seen in a long time and I wondered how much i would get to talk to her with so many people there to support both of them. Surprisingly, before the little program began she came over with her groom-elect, Josh, to see us. Her Mom told me later that she had been watching the doors for us, and kept saying she didn't see us yet, and hoped we'd make it. So it was a good thing we made it, huh? I would have been in HUGE trouble :) Josh is a wonderful man and she married into a great family to compliment her own wonderful family. It was so good to see her and the joy in her eyes! Ella was so excited to see Tammy, but then Tammy had to leave and go back to her seat and Ella said crying, "But I want Tammy to stay here!" We caught Tammy afterward outside getting pictures taken of course ;) Does a bride do anything else? So we added our camera to the mix.


Grandma took the kids for a ride on the swing and James loved it! He was giggling and grinning from ear to ear!


Tammy & Josh
Jaylene volunteered to watch the kids on the Jordan River Temple grounds (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!) so Bob and I could attend the sealing inside.

The sealing room was packed, they brought in at least 20 extra chairs on top of the 50 already in there. They are so loved and it was such an honor to be there with them. Tammy is such a n amazing woman and I am so happy for her. She is an inspiration and great example to me of faith and endurance. Great things happen when you wait for the right time, the right place and the right man and her marriage to Josh is a witness of that.

Waiting for the Happy Couple

Okay, after the sealing we retrieved the kids from Jaylene and waited for Tammy to come out the doors. She did come out, but in a black dress? :) They had already done all the wedding pictures previously but I wasn't expecting a black dress ;) LOL. Anyway, glad we spotted her and got to say our farewells.
Ella just loves Tammy and was so sad that she had to say goodbye. But she will always remember this weekend and when people came out of the temple, they were married. She can't wait to find her "nice boy" and "take him to the temple someday."

Dan and Amy
On our way home, we stopped by to meet up with Dan and his girlfriend, Amy, in Brigham City. We stopped at a park and let Ella run around and go down the tunnel slide a million and a half times. Dan took this on his I-phone. Thanks, Uncle Dan!

Dan brought Amy to the park to meet us...she is super cute, sweet and fun to talk to. Us girls have similar interests, and not just that we are gilrs :) I will say: She is not as short as it looks in the picture. They were standing on a hill, and Amy was lower :)

It was a nice break from the car and we hope she sticks around :)
Honored
It was such an honor to be there with both couples in the temple. Both of the couples are so cute and are great complements for their other half. Good trip, glad to be back and even happier that we only made two trips all summer, both of which were to Utah. Thanks for the fun!
Traveling down
We left Wednesday night after Bob got off work. Normally that would have meant pretty late, but with the new Wednesday schedule we took off around 9 PM. After our last Utah trip of taking forever to get down there, amazingly we made it in record time, in by 1:15 Am and Bob and I were barely getting tired. Not bad, the only problem was James had slept the whole way so he didn't quite understand why we were making him go back to sleep! :)
Fun with cousins
We had planned on attending a temple session with family on Thursday, but were unable to, so we enjoyed the day relaxing instead. Literally! I haven't had a chance to just lie down and read in the longest time and it was beautiful. But not to last...my cousin, Bryson thought that I needed some company; good thing he is so cute!
Ella and Aubree played well together and often Bryson would join in as well. Jumping on the trampoline, swinging, playing on the piano and singing-they did it all!
Bob even disappeared for a little while to work on his book, while the rest of us "kids" took a nap, me included. More Grandpas and Grandmas showed up (as Ella would say) and joined in the crazy fun and then off to dinner later that night.
Michelle and David
The next morning we went down to the Mount Timpanogos Temple for Michelle and David's sealing. And Ella was so sad that she couldn't go in the Temple with us. "But, I'm keeping the Commandments and I'm big now..." Actually, this temple has somewhat of a lobby before going into the Temple doors, so Ella got to go in there and see Jesus and she felt like, she was really in the temple. We also ran into some friends from the ward: the Jacobsons. Danielle was the photographer for another wedding, just minutes before my cousin came out the same doors. Of all the temples in Utah, What are the chances?! She was understandably busy but I was so excited to talk to her about photography and what kind of camera she has, etc. when we get back. I know, I'm a photo nerd, even though I have taken a break from it lately :)
BBQ & Dinner
Later that night, things were crazy! Bob the kids, my mom and I went to all of about 15 minutes of Michelle and David's BBQ. Thinking we wouldn't be there long, I left my camera in the car! Bob was like I told you so :) Oh, well. She knows I love her and Michele and David live up by us so it's not like we won't wee them again...but i did feel bad I didn't get to talk to my other cousins and family members. We took a picture of my family, now that my brother is home from his mission and then dashed over to Tammy's dinner reception, the night before HER wedding. I haven't seen in a long time and I wondered how much i would get to talk to her with so many people there to support both of them. Surprisingly, before the little program began she came over with her groom-elect, Josh, to see us. Her Mom told me later that she had been watching the doors for us, and kept saying she didn't see us yet, and hoped we'd make it. So it was a good thing we made it, huh? I would have been in HUGE trouble :) Josh is a wonderful man and she married into a great family to compliment her own wonderful family. It was so good to see her and the joy in her eyes! Ella was so excited to see Tammy, but then Tammy had to leave and go back to her seat and Ella said crying, "But I want Tammy to stay here!" We caught Tammy afterward outside getting pictures taken of course ;) Does a bride do anything else? So we added our camera to the mix.
Grandma took the kids for a ride on the swing and James loved it! He was giggling and grinning from ear to ear!
Tammy & Josh
Jaylene volunteered to watch the kids on the Jordan River Temple grounds (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!) so Bob and I could attend the sealing inside.
The sealing room was packed, they brought in at least 20 extra chairs on top of the 50 already in there. They are so loved and it was such an honor to be there with them. Tammy is such a n amazing woman and I am so happy for her. She is an inspiration and great example to me of faith and endurance. Great things happen when you wait for the right time, the right place and the right man and her marriage to Josh is a witness of that.
Waiting for the Happy Couple
Okay, after the sealing we retrieved the kids from Jaylene and waited for Tammy to come out the doors. She did come out, but in a black dress? :) They had already done all the wedding pictures previously but I wasn't expecting a black dress ;) LOL. Anyway, glad we spotted her and got to say our farewells.
Ella just loves Tammy and was so sad that she had to say goodbye. But she will always remember this weekend and when people came out of the temple, they were married. She can't wait to find her "nice boy" and "take him to the temple someday."
Dan and Amy
On our way home, we stopped by to meet up with Dan and his girlfriend, Amy, in Brigham City. We stopped at a park and let Ella run around and go down the tunnel slide a million and a half times. Dan took this on his I-phone. Thanks, Uncle Dan!

Dan brought Amy to the park to meet us...she is super cute, sweet and fun to talk to. Us girls have similar interests, and not just that we are gilrs :) I will say: She is not as short as it looks in the picture. They were standing on a hill, and Amy was lower :)
It was a nice break from the car and we hope she sticks around :)
Honored
It was such an honor to be there with both couples in the temple. Both of the couples are so cute and are great complements for their other half. Good trip, glad to be back and even happier that we only made two trips all summer, both of which were to Utah. Thanks for the fun!
Comments