Home, haircuts and horses!
Warning: Excessive pictures of an unforgettable weekend!
President's Weekend we drove over to Washington. We? I should say Bob drove three kids and my sister and I. He did an amazing job. The weather was pretty good, except for the super thick fog. "Bob, do you feel comfortable driving?" "No, not really." We slowed down and a semi pulled in front of us...lighting the way so we could keep going!
We pulled in at 6 AM, Bob driving all the way through the night. Nathan, my nephew did wonderful...my children, they missed their beds, and found their voices! (Why didn't we take more trips when they were younger. LOL)
Beauty shop with Grandma
James had his first haircut, but we didn't allow scissors to touch his adorable curls.
Bob and I slipped away for a date: the mall and a Chinese buffet! The food was really good--only complaint: just one kind of rice. But what they were missing in the rice, they made up for in fortune.
Bob's fortune: "A book is a light in the palm of your hand"
Jamie's: "The key to any problem is the ignition key"
Both of them thought provoking and entirely related to our lives right now.
We met my brother's adorable fiancee, Arisa. Ella was informing them about her sister...and all eyes turned to me with a grin. "NO, no, no, if you only knew..." I never thought an imaginary person could get me in real trouble, or at least in a very awkward situation.
Bob and I also spent quality time with my nephew.
and we learned James' has a jealousy complex...good thing he was born second.
We all went with Dallin to the temple on Saturday. He is leaving for his mission to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania on March 17th, but because of scheduling conflicts, he gave his talk in church last weekend while we were visiting. What tremendous timing. We are so excited for him and the opportunities and struggles that await him the mission field.
We drove down to Oregon to see Grandpa and Grandma Field who have a horse. Of course, we all had to ride her.
Ella says: "Rainey, is a white horse. I can ride her."
Ella is a born cowgirl...she even wanted to ride the cows. But grandpa didn't think he could catch one (or he didn't want to try :)
I rode with Ella one time and after that she was a lone rider. I loved riding horses at Grandpa's house as a kid. As we got older, we could gallop, trot, run instaed of being lead. It is one of my favorite childhood memories and I am so glad my kids get that experience. Unfortunately I forgot how physically demanding it is. Oh well, that was the price I paid for reliving my childhood, but for the few times I rode, it was wonderful!
Nathan loved the horse, he was so excited and kept babbling during his ride.
His older, but smaller cousin, James, was not such a fan of being up high with Mom. He did better with Daddy though. Maybe he has some cowboy genes in him, only time and experience will tell...
Ella rode so many times and her hands were frozen. She cried and complainied when Grandpa made her go inside to warm up (he had to warm up too!) but soon she was buddled up, in borrowed hat and gloves, and headed right back out.
I think Grandpa was tired...He was resting against the van and the two were simply talking. Bob took this picture from inside Grandma and Grandpa's house. Love it!
Grandma came out and took Ella for a little walk to see their pond and the fish. They tired to give us some, but we didn't think they would make it back to our home in one piece. (DISCOVERY: James is a screamer when he wakes up in the mornings. But the morning in Oregon, there was a fish tank next to his crib and it entertained him for 45 minutes! It would have been sweet bliss, but Ella woke up, stripped and woke me up saying she was cold?! Seriously, what a nut. The point is: We are seriously considering getting some fish for is bedroom!)
Spot the cat began following Ella around like a dog. Ella loved it.
Bob did 7 more hours of driving and we were home.
Thanks everyone for the fun. We had a great time.
Comments