Oregon trip
(Part one of two)
April has stormed by! I don't mean literally "storming" except for maybe one day last week,(which James stood and watched nearly the entire time), but I can't believe we are one third into the new year.(And yet it hailed today...)
School ended on the 7th for me and we took off to Oregon to see my Grandparents in Salem. My mom has been driving down there every other weekend to help out and she has been strongly encouraging us to come say goodbye to my Grandma, who has had a few strokes and heart attacks in the last few years. So, it is only a matter of time.
Both Grandma and Grandpa had bad colds when we visited, so we had to keep our distance...its not that we don't love them, but those who had the colds warned us we may not even want to come! So we tried to appease everyone. (It worked- none of our family got sick)

James meeting and bonding with his Great Grandpa for the first time.

We were planning to stay with my aunt over 40 minutes from my Grandparents house and well after being in the car for over twelve hours, having potty stops in the middle of rush hour traffic, and both kids puking on the way there...we opted to stay 10 minutes away and come visit my grandparents again in the morning.

(Added hotel bonus- indoor pool! Ella and I went swimming while James crashed in his daddy's arms. It was Ella's FIRST TIME without a life jacket. Hopefully, we can get her swimming more this summer, somewhere!)
The kids loved Grandma's toys and books--the same ones I used to play with a kid. Wow, is that strange, or is it just me?
And who can visit Grandma's house without climbing the tree? Yes, I climbed the tree. Surprised? I had to show the rest of them the best spots. James and I are in my "reading spot"...it's a little smaller than I remembered, though. I know that tree used to be so much bigger! :)

We followed my aunt to her house on the outskirts of Oregon City. I love her house. It always so organized, welcoming, clean, (did I mention organized?). Every time I go, I take notes on style and storing ideas. Now, the problem with her house, she keeps it clean by trying to give me all her daughters outgrown, toys, books, dolls, clothes, coats, boots, you get the picture. So I get to see her clean beautiful house...and then bring more stuff to my house that doesn't even come close to her maintained abode. Oh well, the kids love the toys. We turned down much more than we brought home. (thank goodness) One goody we found and unwound...

My 12 yr old cousin enjoyed playing with her old toys and Ella loved having a role model. She grew up in years those few days we were there. Her favorite treasure from the toys is the new baby she is feeding in the picture. She named the baby Caussisus or Faussisus (depending on the day) but that's the last name. Joe Misson is baby's first name. Who knew?

James, discovered some female tendencies and is especially interested in wearing necklaces!


Now if his hair wasn't long enough to be put in a ponytail, that may not be a problem.

but as you can see his little curls are now a mullet! ( he has a hair appointment for next Monday...oh, that doesn't sound manly at all, does it? :)
A walk down memory lane: we drove to the Enchanted Forest, where I vaguely remembered going as a kid. It is basically a storybook land for kids to play in the stories and be a part of them. There's a castle, rabbit hole to climb through from Alice and Wonderland, tea with the mad hatter, humpty dumpty, and posing with happy stump for starters.




There was an old woman who lived in a shoe,
she had so many children..she put in a slide!
We saw it and played there one day, have you?
You may not believe it, but that's what she tried.


James favorite was a mini cottage with windows at his height to peak in to watch Snow White sing while she swept.

(sorry the video is sideways, but he is so adorable. My mom thinks James said, "I like it," listen for it.

Ella was just barely tall enough to ride the bobsleds...her first roller coaster.
(she is in the sled with Bob in red, and my cousin and I are in front)

I wondered if it was a good idea and screamed (in joy, of course) the entire way, so she could be excited. We might have said it was a train, too :) No worries. By the end, she had more fun that I did!

Time for a real big-kid ride
Not quite tall enough, Ella and I went with sleeping James to the observation booth, while Grandma, Bob and my cousin went on the Log Flume! I promised her we would go on a special ride- just the two of us.
Hopping, anyone?
.jpg)
Ella has quite the adventuring spirit...I wonder where she get it?
All Aboard!
(Note: In Oregon, trains go by all the time. Ever since this trip, James favorite words to repeat over and over: "choo-choo!" He calls everything choo-choos.
Ella laughs and tells him what they really are and he smiles. What a tease! Ella hasn't caught on yet...) Mr. Choo-Choo took us all to ride the rails.

Before ending home, we stopped to see the light show that runs all day long. When it first started I thought it was okay, by the end, I was a believer! It was so well timed, and in sync with the new age music that played along with it. It is completely dark in the building, except these lights. (Bob impressed himself with the photo)

Next Stop: Baker City
April has stormed by! I don't mean literally "storming" except for maybe one day last week,(which James stood and watched nearly the entire time), but I can't believe we are one third into the new year.(And yet it hailed today...)
School ended on the 7th for me and we took off to Oregon to see my Grandparents in Salem. My mom has been driving down there every other weekend to help out and she has been strongly encouraging us to come say goodbye to my Grandma, who has had a few strokes and heart attacks in the last few years. So, it is only a matter of time.
Both Grandma and Grandpa had bad colds when we visited, so we had to keep our distance...its not that we don't love them, but those who had the colds warned us we may not even want to come! So we tried to appease everyone. (It worked- none of our family got sick)

James meeting and bonding with his Great Grandpa for the first time.

We were planning to stay with my aunt over 40 minutes from my Grandparents house and well after being in the car for over twelve hours, having potty stops in the middle of rush hour traffic, and both kids puking on the way there...we opted to stay 10 minutes away and come visit my grandparents again in the morning.

(Added hotel bonus- indoor pool! Ella and I went swimming while James crashed in his daddy's arms. It was Ella's FIRST TIME without a life jacket. Hopefully, we can get her swimming more this summer, somewhere!)
The kids loved Grandma's toys and books--the same ones I used to play with a kid. Wow, is that strange, or is it just me?
And who can visit Grandma's house without climbing the tree? Yes, I climbed the tree. Surprised? I had to show the rest of them the best spots. James and I are in my "reading spot"...it's a little smaller than I remembered, though. I know that tree used to be so much bigger! :)

We followed my aunt to her house on the outskirts of Oregon City. I love her house. It always so organized, welcoming, clean, (did I mention organized?). Every time I go, I take notes on style and storing ideas. Now, the problem with her house, she keeps it clean by trying to give me all her daughters outgrown, toys, books, dolls, clothes, coats, boots, you get the picture. So I get to see her clean beautiful house...and then bring more stuff to my house that doesn't even come close to her maintained abode. Oh well, the kids love the toys. We turned down much more than we brought home. (thank goodness) One goody we found and unwound...
My 12 yr old cousin enjoyed playing with her old toys and Ella loved having a role model. She grew up in years those few days we were there. Her favorite treasure from the toys is the new baby she is feeding in the picture. She named the baby Caussisus or Faussisus (depending on the day) but that's the last name. Joe Misson is baby's first name. Who knew?

James, discovered some female tendencies and is especially interested in wearing necklaces!

Now if his hair wasn't long enough to be put in a ponytail, that may not be a problem.
but as you can see his little curls are now a mullet! ( he has a hair appointment for next Monday...oh, that doesn't sound manly at all, does it? :)
A walk down memory lane: we drove to the Enchanted Forest, where I vaguely remembered going as a kid. It is basically a storybook land for kids to play in the stories and be a part of them. There's a castle, rabbit hole to climb through from Alice and Wonderland, tea with the mad hatter, humpty dumpty, and posing with happy stump for starters.

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe,
she had so many children..she put in a slide!
We saw it and played there one day, have you?
You may not believe it, but that's what she tried.

James favorite was a mini cottage with windows at his height to peak in to watch Snow White sing while she swept.

(sorry the video is sideways, but he is so adorable. My mom thinks James said, "I like it," listen for it.

Ella was just barely tall enough to ride the bobsleds...her first roller coaster.
(she is in the sled with Bob in red, and my cousin and I are in front)

I wondered if it was a good idea and screamed (in joy, of course) the entire way, so she could be excited. We might have said it was a train, too :) No worries. By the end, she had more fun that I did!
Time for a real big-kid ride
Not quite tall enough, Ella and I went with sleeping James to the observation booth, while Grandma, Bob and my cousin went on the Log Flume! I promised her we would go on a special ride- just the two of us.
Hopping, anyone?
.jpg)
Ella has quite the adventuring spirit...I wonder where she get it?
All Aboard!
(Note: In Oregon, trains go by all the time. Ever since this trip, James favorite words to repeat over and over: "choo-choo!" He calls everything choo-choos.
Ella laughs and tells him what they really are and he smiles. What a tease! Ella hasn't caught on yet...) Mr. Choo-Choo took us all to ride the rails.

Before ending home, we stopped to see the light show that runs all day long. When it first started I thought it was okay, by the end, I was a believer! It was so well timed, and in sync with the new age music that played along with it. It is completely dark in the building, except these lights. (Bob impressed himself with the photo)
Next Stop: Baker City
Comments
Right now we our living in Utah and Wes is finishing his last class online. We are moving to Pocatello in Aug. Wes starts school on Aug 17.
Can't wait to see you guys.
Alissa