Guess what?
After six arduous, stressful, home work filled nights...I am DONE! I graduated from Brigham Young University- Idaho, with a Bachelor of Arts in University Studies, minor in Theater Studies, emphasis in English, Spanish and Family Studies. Can you believe it? I still can't :) It the midst of all the craziness, I totally forgot about sending out graduation announcements, until a week or so before the big day. Thanks to my good friend, Kayla, for taking pictures of me. While we were shooting, one of my acting class friends, Alea, passed by. Three years ago, she played Martha and I played Abby in a scene from "Arsenic and Old Lace." How fitting :) And so no one feels cheated, I emailed them out and still haven't made myself a hard copy. (Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to add a pdf to the blog, so you can't see the announcement) but here are pictures from convocation and commencement.



We had planned to have a party at our house to celebrate, but since the Theater Department loves me, they invited us to their party instead. My sister and her family, cousin and her husband, and sister-in-law and her husband were all there to celebrate with me. My parents wanted to come, but they came up for my show in Oct, which in some ways was my senior project that showed the true culmination of all that I have learned. I mean really, what does walking across the stage prove I can do? :)


I sensed the significance of graduating when Bob graduated, but because I have been chasing this dream so long...I still need to be pinched every now and then. And of course I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

I'll be the first to admit that I like things to be comfortable--where I know the system, the people, etc. It was the same in high school: I didn't want to move on and waited until the last minute to realize that I was needed else where.
So now what are our plans?
Well for now, Bob has a terrific job at the Standard Journal that he had since he graduated four and half years ago! We feel so blessed to have had constant employment in such a changing, difficult job market.

Also, I was given the opportunity to Assistant Stage Manage "Savior of the World" with the department head/my stage management professor being the head Stage Manager. The show will be ione night: March 25th in the brand new Conference-like Center that was recently dedicated. For me, It is one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, that I really hope happens, but there's a lot to figure out to make it work. One of the reasons I agreed to do this show is it is less than one month long, auditions to performance. Anyone want to babysit for awhile? Like every night in March? just kidding, but if you are interested in helping, please let me know. I don't have a schedule yet, but I am trying to plan ahead...less surprises that way. (Notice I didn't say no surprises)
Exciting times ahead...
We had planned to have a party at our house to celebrate, but since the Theater Department loves me, they invited us to their party instead. My sister and her family, cousin and her husband, and sister-in-law and her husband were all there to celebrate with me. My parents wanted to come, but they came up for my show in Oct, which in some ways was my senior project that showed the true culmination of all that I have learned. I mean really, what does walking across the stage prove I can do? :)
I sensed the significance of graduating when Bob graduated, but because I have been chasing this dream so long...I still need to be pinched every now and then. And of course I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.
I'll be the first to admit that I like things to be comfortable--where I know the system, the people, etc. It was the same in high school: I didn't want to move on and waited until the last minute to realize that I was needed else where.
So now what are our plans?
Well for now, Bob has a terrific job at the Standard Journal that he had since he graduated four and half years ago! We feel so blessed to have had constant employment in such a changing, difficult job market.
Also, I was given the opportunity to Assistant Stage Manage "Savior of the World" with the department head/my stage management professor being the head Stage Manager. The show will be ione night: March 25th in the brand new Conference-like Center that was recently dedicated. For me, It is one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, that I really hope happens, but there's a lot to figure out to make it work. One of the reasons I agreed to do this show is it is less than one month long, auditions to performance. Anyone want to babysit for awhile? Like every night in March? just kidding, but if you are interested in helping, please let me know. I don't have a schedule yet, but I am trying to plan ahead...less surprises that way. (Notice I didn't say no surprises)
Exciting times ahead...
Comments