The letter A
I can't remember how old I was, but I remember sitting down on the couch with a pad of paper and looking at my name: Jamie.
I thought it was boring to look at and didn't lend itself to much creativity in how to write it. I had no middle name to sweeten the look, so I remember consciously changing the way I write the letter "a" to the way the computer shows it.
I really haven't looked back and thought: "why did I do that?" until recently.
Ella is taught: circle back, close, down NOT silly hat, down, circle back like I do
(try it if want :)
When I write "a" for her, she gives me a silly look. So I have "gone back to school" and I have to stop and think really hard before I write the letter "a" like, say, on flashcards, as I did tonight.
Funny, reasons why you always go back to what you learned in school... convenience and less confusing for beginners and that's how we perpetuate certain skills, for better or worse.
I thought it was boring to look at and didn't lend itself to much creativity in how to write it. I had no middle name to sweeten the look, so I remember consciously changing the way I write the letter "a" to the way the computer shows it.
I really haven't looked back and thought: "why did I do that?" until recently.
Ella is taught: circle back, close, down NOT silly hat, down, circle back like I do
(try it if want :)
When I write "a" for her, she gives me a silly look. So I have "gone back to school" and I have to stop and think really hard before I write the letter "a" like, say, on flashcards, as I did tonight.
Funny, reasons why you always go back to what you learned in school... convenience and less confusing for beginners and that's how we perpetuate certain skills, for better or worse.
Comments