Thanksgiving

This year we stayed home and had a quiet, easy going Thanksgiving, just the four of us. (The kids and I did go to Utah for a pre-Thanksgiving trip, which I will post about later) Some people were sad we didn't have others to be with, but hey, our parents didn't always go to family's houses for the holidays, we have to start sometime. So we did.

It was wonderful. We didn't take any pictures, either. Just enjoyed each others company, watched Daffy Duck episodes (netflix), and ate good food. I saw an idea for a "Thankful tree" with sticks, so the kids gathered sticks from the yard and we put them in a vase. The idea was to hang "leaves" with things we are grateful for written on them, but instead, we talked. Bob's current and new job, our rental home in the country, Ella's school, the temple, our family, Jesus, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and many other wonderful blessings we can't begin to number. We enjoyed our stick centerpiece. So simple (and silly) but I can't bring myself to take them off the table yet. It's a great reminder of the small and simple things.

This is also the first year I didn't wake up early to go shopping on Black Friday. I didn't think the deals were that great, for one. And it was nice to still enjoy and reflect on the happiness we felt yesterday, instead of rushing around trying to get the best deals. (We don't have TV, so our children are clueless about the "coolest toys" and we'll keep it that way as long as we can :)

Hope you all had a happyiest Thanksgiving and traveled safely. We love you!

Comments

Popular Posts