Z is 3!


Our little James-Z turned 3 today!

I just love this little boy. At least twice a day, he will stop what he is doing and say, "Mom, I love you" and move on.

For the last few months, every time I asked him about his birthday, all he would tell me was: YELLOW. No idea what friends to invite, cake, theme, anything, so we planned a yellow party. He always talks about a boy from his nursery, but when we finally had him help with the invitations, he decreed only girls could come :) Once he knew who would be there, I quizzed him on what we should do, eat, etc. Finally on Wednesday, I had a birthday plan :)

Yellow cake with chocolate frosting (I wanted to try a cupcake cake. Turned out pretty good.



The night before, when Bob was making the cupcakes...I realized we didn't have the little papers, so Bob cut out little wax paper squares. They worked great, but didn't fill as evenly, so we had more like mini-cupcakes. Or cupcake tops. The best part anyway and perfect size for kids.

Thanks Michele and David for picking a new car for the cake :) We sure love you guys!


When it was presents time, one friend's mom made him a super cute and warm winter hat. (How fitting since it snowed, hailed today :)

And the giant red bag Ella fits inside?

Bob was taking pictures, and little boy in him was so excited he didn't get a picture of the whole gift. It was a super hero kit!

Complete with cape, fort, and crime fighting goodies :) But Bob was too busy flying...


With some coaxing, the men got to work building a fort to take over James room. Awesome!

If you look really close, the brown and blue quilt in the back is one that I finally finished for James! Funny, it's not even on his bed. Oh well. There are trains over his head for now :)

Thanks for coming girls! We've missed you all and it was so fun to get back together and play all day. Sorry your mommies got lost (it happens a lot since we live on an "illegal road" as we just learned), but now you will have to come back and play again.

Comments

Caryn Allen said…
Haha! These pictures are great! We had such a fun time!

Popular Posts