Whatcha doing?

When I got off the phone with my mom, I couldn't find James. I called for him, but he didn't answer...

What is wrong with this picture? This is our storage area (off limits :) with tons of sewing, crafts, school supplies, etc. And the "no answer" from James meant a surprise awaited me behind the curtain. I quietly pulled it back. On the top (at kid height) the crayola paint lids were all smudged with brown, the same color paint all over two of James' fingers. He wanted to paint and did the best thing he could, without any paper.

I know, "I am so lucky" he didn't paint himself, the doors, the walls, the boxes, my fabrics, or every room in the house--just simply wanted some attention and obviously wanted to paint! So, I let him.

His skills have really improved since the last time of all one color and full palm application. He was very careful to use his fingers and make pictures...and THEN cover the whole thing in one color. Fun to see him learning. (Side note: A few weeks ago, Bob helped him learn the alphabet and when he would get a letter right, James's said: "I learning! I learning!"
Happy Artist

Comments

Popular Posts