Pillow throw


I've been sewing a lot lately...just this and that. (I can't even remember what to be honest :) Both kids really wanted to sew, too. So...they made their Christmas names unique pillows. I had one big and one small pillow. James gave Ella the big one. On different days one would chose the movie, while the other sewed with me. They chose the colors, design, helped cut the fabric and pressed the foot down to make the machine go.
\
Notice the top left corner is white on the green/pink pillow with pink backing. Ella's design :) 
James liked the squares and the brown pattern with brown backing
This is after James (yes, James) slip stitched the top of the pillow by hand. Very proud of himself.

Honestly, both kids listened really well about when to press the foot down and when to stop. James had walked away and saw me finishing up the last side so he jumped on top of my foot on the presser and I about lost a finger! Thankfully, he reacted to STOP fast enough. That was the only almost mishap.

Enjoy your pillows Grammy and Sarah. Each one is made with love.

Comments

Popular Posts