Triple C: Crazy Chocolate Cake

One of our wedding gifts Bob deemed (phoo phoo: meaning not necessary or of daily use) was a 4 in 1 cake tray, punch bowl, veggie tray, appetizer tray! It is all glass (easily breakable), so until recently we let it live somewhere else. BUT, I am super excited to have it here at the house, now I want to make CAKE and display it of course.


Enter kids. I have a recipe for a cake that only takes one dish--the one it cooks in! Score, totally okay for both of them to make their own cake...

The kids mixed the dry ingredients and then made three holes in the cake. In each hole they added one of the wet ingredients: oil, vinegar and water. The recipe called for vinegar, but I was a little worried and switched it straight across for lemon juice, which worked great.

The cakes turned out awesome. They frosted them by themselves while I made dinner, and shared a delightful dessert for the next week! We had 2 9x9 cakes to eat but I was not allowed by the kids to put it in the glass container. Still working on that one :)

Comments

Popular Posts