Oops!
A few days before Thanksgiving, I suggested we get Ella a new dresser for Christmas. I was worried the heavy drawers would crush some of her toes at least. Every month I readjusted the drawer tracks for her and there was hardly any clothes in any drawers, until I adjusted them the next time...("You can adjust them? I thought they just came that way." Oh Bob...)
Anyway, I realized that Empty drawers = Messy room! Time for something to change...During quiet time the next day, I heard WHAM! what sounded like the back shed fell! But when I checked, it was still standing. So what was the noise?
I asked Ella...no-big-deal voice, "It was just my dresser and it hit my door."
Oh boy, Surprise! She was rearranging her room! (instead of cleaning...I have no idea where she got that idea...Okay, confession. That's what my sister and I did ALL the time when we were supposed to clean up...)Anyway, Ella had pushed from behind and the dresser toppled forward...onto the heater! So not wanting to risk a fire, I pulled it up with all the drawers falling out as I went. As I was catching my breath, (about to yell in frustration...) my brother called and was on his way over. That's when I noticed the drawers were broken.
And with the dresser upright, the closet door showed its marks from the battle as well.
close up of the gash
Poor Ella! And Thank you Dallin for giving me a break, so I didn't break!
The worst part: We were borrowing the dresser from the landlord and had just got the closet doors out of storage
...but now it's Mom's turn to break something!
The next week I was in the bathroom, shaking a bottle, after I closed the vanity, when the mirror came back toward me...and hit the glass bottle I was shaking, causing the bottom corner of the mirror to crack off. GRR! Later in the day I grabbed the same corner, slicing my finger, but NOT bad enough to need stitches thankfully!
So what did we learn? Ella needs a new dresser and we need a new vanity. And Mom better be careful what she thinks might happen. Or move quicker before it does :)
Here's the new vanity (we got to purchase) :) It has a frame around the wood...Bob had to laugh!





Comments