The Nutcracker

Bob asked if I wanted tickets to the Nutcracker.
"Umm, YES! Do you want to go?"
(Groan) "Do I have to?"
"No, Ella would love it!"
We girls dressed in our long flowy dresses: my blue prom dress and her blue bridesmaid dress. Then we covered them all up with long coats. It's Idaho, remember?

We sat in the 2nd row, just left of center. She loved watching the dances and spotting our many friends in the program.

But her favorite...spinning, prancing, pirouetting, attempting point--up and down the aisles during intermission, at the end of the production and at home for days after!
It. Was. Adorable.
My favorite part--Enjoying a classic with my little girl. I remember the few times I went and saw the Nutcracker at Richland High School and it was BIG deal! I thought the story was a little boring (doesn't everyone?) but enjoyed it better sharing it will Ella for her first time.  And kept quite occupied spotting, Lily, Kaylee, Zoe, Jordyn, Erica, Camrie, Lexi and others as the different groups would come on stage.

What does Ella have to say? "I liked it and my favorite characters were the sugarplum fairies."

Comments

Popular Posts