Miracles Happen!
I knew it. The kids are starting to wake up...but I really need to post this!
It has been six months since we had James, and also six months since I had the nerves cut in my left leg from the cesarean as well. (Our Doctor's father had passed away two days before...) The great blessing in having the nerves cut was recovery from the incision was wonderful! (I think that has more to do with this being the 2nd c-section, but even if we have to move the silver lining from another cloud, we'll find it!) I didn't feel much pain in my incision, BUT it was all in my left hip, and then some! We didn't get very far with Dr.s in December and have done what we could on our own. I have been using a cane on and off since then (Bob's Miracle idea)...and have finally gotten over the fact that I look old. Now we tease that I am on my way out, according to the riddle of the Sphinx :) No way! Miracle I achieved straight A's going full-time till April and Miracle had amazing strength to do all that I needed to do during the semester. The plan is to return to school in the fall and continue to work at that just-out-of-grasp Bachelors' degree.
We haven't really known what to do since December. "Just wait it out," is all the Dr.s would say, so we have been. I have received many blessings and have learned how to be strong, although I am weak. Still I wonder, will this be the new "normal" for me? I know Bob has found it difficult and just wants the "old Jamie back". Who wouldn't? He has been so understanding, helpful, comforting, and more wonderful than I could ever imagine! Trials really can bring out the best in us. We are so much closer to each other and since I am not in school, we are often up until 2 or 3 in the morning talking and laughing. My children have been very understanding as well. James is SO patient. There are days, he just hangs out for over an hour until I can get to him or I wake up and acknowledge him. Ella amazes me, too. She can do so much by herself at so young, things that would take me much longer to do. If she doesn't want to do something however, she says "Oh, my leg hurts." or "Don't put James on my bad leg"...Some day she will learn that not all Mommys' have hurt legs :) Sometimes, I feel like I am cheating them, not doing or being able to do the things my kids need or want, but they understand. Somehow, they understand and still love me. I am so grateful for that.
So the reason for this post?
This last week has been wonderful, although it was also the toughest it has been in a long time.
Thursday: The kids and I went to Idaho Falls to watch the puppet show and I had the brainy idea to go grocery shopping afterward, even though Bob wouldn't be with me...(something I haven't done with the kids, by myself, in a long time) Miracles We filled the cart, Ella was a wonderful helper and my leg didn't give me any trouble!
Friday: I woke up to get ready for an eye appt and had a really hard time getting around. I grabbed my cane and headed out the door. At the appt, the miracles continued. My eye dr. started going off about how young I was and how I should do something/get some help for my leg, etc. Miracle My leg hurt more than it has in 5 months and the Dr. was able to see how much it really is causing trouble, even if I didn't tell him. Miracle He said all the feelings in my heart that I have a hard time sharing with others, without crying :) He then gave us what we have wanted for months--the names of dr.s who could possibly help! Miracle I was ecstatic! After 6 months, we finally have HOPE for a direction. Not only did he give me some names of dr.s to call, but the one he strongly suggested is his family's dr. Miracle He is the same Dr. who I said to myself a few months back, "I really like what I have heard about him and would go to him first if it I had an injury or problem that was in his medical field." We worried about finances of it and wished we could have done things when we'd met our deductible last December. Another miracle I walked out of the office and the receptionist informed we have met it! So we are at the same place we were in December when we couldn't get anyone to help us. So anyway, I have an appt on June 2 and hope we will have some good news in the next few weeks. Please keep us in your prayers.
Still Friday: With how wonderful everything was turning out, the down side was my leg regressed to the point I couldn't pick up my son! So family and frineds were kind enough to answer the call and help us out. They did anything they could and stayed with us, in shifts, from 2 PM to 1 AM. We are so blessed to have amazing friends. Ella grew beyond her years as well, while we were waiting for people to come. Miracle Ella warmed up in the microwave dinner for James, her and I, and I didn't have to get up at all!
As tough as things were, there was so much to celebrate. I am really trying to not to get too excited about the appt, (I almost didn't post this for that reason!) but after 6 months of not being able to leave my house much except for church and school, hold my daughter, feed my son without pain, etc, I am truly excited that things might change. Whether they do or not, I have learned so much and would not have traded this experience for anything. Again THANK YOU to all who have been there for us and continue to be there in anyway, there are too many people and ways taht you've helped us to list! Also to those who were out of sate and have called just to talk, I really appreciate it! Life is beautiful, come what may! We have seen many Miracles and know that they come after the trial of our faith. And when we our tried, we have the opportunity to grow! If this keeps up, we might be 6 ft tall in the next 6 months and that would be awesome! :)
It has been six months since we had James, and also six months since I had the nerves cut in my left leg from the cesarean as well. (Our Doctor's father had passed away two days before...) The great blessing in having the nerves cut was recovery from the incision was wonderful! (I think that has more to do with this being the 2nd c-section, but even if we have to move the silver lining from another cloud, we'll find it!) I didn't feel much pain in my incision, BUT it was all in my left hip, and then some! We didn't get very far with Dr.s in December and have done what we could on our own. I have been using a cane on and off since then (Bob's Miracle idea)...and have finally gotten over the fact that I look old. Now we tease that I am on my way out, according to the riddle of the Sphinx :) No way! Miracle I achieved straight A's going full-time till April and Miracle had amazing strength to do all that I needed to do during the semester. The plan is to return to school in the fall and continue to work at that just-out-of-grasp Bachelors' degree.
We haven't really known what to do since December. "Just wait it out," is all the Dr.s would say, so we have been. I have received many blessings and have learned how to be strong, although I am weak. Still I wonder, will this be the new "normal" for me? I know Bob has found it difficult and just wants the "old Jamie back". Who wouldn't? He has been so understanding, helpful, comforting, and more wonderful than I could ever imagine! Trials really can bring out the best in us. We are so much closer to each other and since I am not in school, we are often up until 2 or 3 in the morning talking and laughing. My children have been very understanding as well. James is SO patient. There are days, he just hangs out for over an hour until I can get to him or I wake up and acknowledge him. Ella amazes me, too. She can do so much by herself at so young, things that would take me much longer to do. If she doesn't want to do something however, she says "Oh, my leg hurts." or "Don't put James on my bad leg"...Some day she will learn that not all Mommys' have hurt legs :) Sometimes, I feel like I am cheating them, not doing or being able to do the things my kids need or want, but they understand. Somehow, they understand and still love me. I am so grateful for that.
So the reason for this post?
This last week has been wonderful, although it was also the toughest it has been in a long time.
Thursday: The kids and I went to Idaho Falls to watch the puppet show and I had the brainy idea to go grocery shopping afterward, even though Bob wouldn't be with me...(something I haven't done with the kids, by myself, in a long time) Miracles We filled the cart, Ella was a wonderful helper and my leg didn't give me any trouble!
Friday: I woke up to get ready for an eye appt and had a really hard time getting around. I grabbed my cane and headed out the door. At the appt, the miracles continued. My eye dr. started going off about how young I was and how I should do something/get some help for my leg, etc. Miracle My leg hurt more than it has in 5 months and the Dr. was able to see how much it really is causing trouble, even if I didn't tell him. Miracle He said all the feelings in my heart that I have a hard time sharing with others, without crying :) He then gave us what we have wanted for months--the names of dr.s who could possibly help! Miracle I was ecstatic! After 6 months, we finally have HOPE for a direction. Not only did he give me some names of dr.s to call, but the one he strongly suggested is his family's dr. Miracle He is the same Dr. who I said to myself a few months back, "I really like what I have heard about him and would go to him first if it I had an injury or problem that was in his medical field." We worried about finances of it and wished we could have done things when we'd met our deductible last December. Another miracle I walked out of the office and the receptionist informed we have met it! So we are at the same place we were in December when we couldn't get anyone to help us. So anyway, I have an appt on June 2 and hope we will have some good news in the next few weeks. Please keep us in your prayers.
Still Friday: With how wonderful everything was turning out, the down side was my leg regressed to the point I couldn't pick up my son! So family and frineds were kind enough to answer the call and help us out. They did anything they could and stayed with us, in shifts, from 2 PM to 1 AM. We are so blessed to have amazing friends. Ella grew beyond her years as well, while we were waiting for people to come. Miracle Ella warmed up in the microwave dinner for James, her and I, and I didn't have to get up at all!
As tough as things were, there was so much to celebrate. I am really trying to not to get too excited about the appt, (I almost didn't post this for that reason!) but after 6 months of not being able to leave my house much except for church and school, hold my daughter, feed my son without pain, etc, I am truly excited that things might change. Whether they do or not, I have learned so much and would not have traded this experience for anything. Again THANK YOU to all who have been there for us and continue to be there in anyway, there are too many people and ways taht you've helped us to list! Also to those who were out of sate and have called just to talk, I really appreciate it! Life is beautiful, come what may! We have seen many Miracles and know that they come after the trial of our faith. And when we our tried, we have the opportunity to grow! If this keeps up, we might be 6 ft tall in the next 6 months and that would be awesome! :)
Comments