Puppets: dips and sticks
Two weeks ago Thursday, I went out to help me sister with her class project for the day: dipping puppet heads. We did this together last year and hope to continue doing so as long as she is teaching. (right?) The kids form one line and take turns dipping the Styrofoam heads into hot colored wax and then into cold water to set it, and then jump back in line a d repeat 7 times. To keep their attention, this year I had the class create a story and the next student continued the same story. The only rule: you can't kill off our main characters! (Do I know this age or what? :) I loved being with the kids and hearing about their creativity, and let me tell you we went everywhere from being sucked into a video game, to buying a llama, and getting thrown in jail multiple times.
There's times I think about being a teacher because I really did enjoy being with the students...but I am only with them for a few hours, one or twice a YEAR! I don't know if I would have the patience every day for 5 or 6 hours at a time. Hats off to all you teachers!
Then last Thursday, Ella, James and I went back to the school to watch the puppet shows the students had written. It was a parent's show...LOL I think I have a few years till I am at one of those for my children. That is so weird to think about!
Anyway, here they are with their puppet pals. Here's to another year. One more week left of school you can do it!
Comments