Pregnancy Update!

We had an appointment with a Perinatalogist in Idaho Falls today. For those of you who don't know what that is (I didn't...), it is a doctor who specializes in ultrasounds-- goes to 2-3 years of school extra for that reason--, and high risk pregnancies, or pregnancies that have complications. No, we are not having complications, just making sure the genetics are doing what they are supposed to, and it looks like they are! The major perk was finding out that we are having a little boy!


IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(We had this picture done at the Oregon Coast last year, so we'll have to see how they compare! We think he is pretty cute, but Bob really hopes he doesn't have the crew cut :)

The funny thing is that it seems like everyone we know are having boys...when I told the technician that, he laughed and said ours was the first boy today AND most of the pregnancies he'd seen that day were from Rexburg...lol! It's all perception I guess!

So Bob is excited the house will be even 2-2 and that he can now use pronouns. I am happy that things look so good for the genetic issues we have and that after 30 minutes of looking at him from every angle and body part, he is healthy for a 22 week old little boy! That's right, I should be 24 weeks according to my OB, BUT well ultrasound wise, the baby is measuring perfect for 22 weeks and after figuring out the Estimated Due Date and adjusting it from the April Fools Dr.'s appt, we are looking at Nov 25th as the due date, according to the perinalogist, not Nov 7th; BUT, he said he will pass all his findings on to my OB and let him make the decisions...

(I thought you were supposed to move toward the 40 week mark in pregnancy; for some reason, I seem to be going backward...)

So like we have been saying all along...we are due sometime in November!

The only down side of the whole thing was that our little boy didn't want a picture taken of his face so we didn't a print out. But we'll check back in 2 months and try again for that picture again! Or even next month at my regular OB visit.

Comments

Popular Posts