Fancy Nancy and body art (G rated)

Fancy Nancy's are some of Ella's favorite books. She fancy-fies her Nanncy sticker book, her shoes, anything! I found this note on the fridge the other day:




to family
Frame Lern how to be fancy starting today
fancy everything even fancy shoes

Ella, or should I say, Nancy lives at our house. She doesn't like that the rest of her family seems to have no style. They aren't fancy, she says. They don't dress up with paper crafts glued to their shoes. Or sequins, or beads or hair pretties. Even boys should wear dresses if they want to be fancy...or so she tells her brother :) I have had many a discussion about how fancy is an opinion and people don't always agree on what is fancy (Am I right?) So instead, I get schooled...

Glamour shot after Paul Mitchell hair party
Glitter, glam, hair and make-up equal one happy girl!

One thing Ella HAS taught me is hair. She is one talented girl in that area. Often she does her own hair, and it looks incredible. And sometimes she lets me do a twist or french braid...the only two new hair tricks I know...and they don't usually look as good as her tuck, pin and go tricks. Some girls have it so easy, not just the talent but a cooperative hair style. She has my coloring, but Bob's lack of density, or the "perfect head of hair" (which Bob says he has.)
So proud of her new doo

She loves to get her fingernails, toe nails painted. My nails never appreciated getting smothered with the stuff, so I don't do it and don't have any...but when she is at babysitters, not so! James got so jealous of her painting her nails (and he couldn't) that we made Ella wait at least 2 weeks in between manicures. And believe me that was torture for her!

She also discovered markers could be used on more than paper and also showed her brother her new skill. She dressed him "fancy" in suit pants and then they waltzed out of the room to show their true colors.
Oh my!









 (Quick Note: When I tell James to freeze, like for a picture, he starts dancing and swinging as fast as possible and with my cell phone camera, that's not helpful :)

After marker mayhem, James started filling his cup with water and getting out a paintbrush and putting on his makeup. No colors, but always puddles...The best of course was when he was done, I don't dump the water, Mom, I save it in drawer for next time. Ugh! The day I discovered why there were cups in the drawers, the paintbrushes disappeared.

Comments

Kayla said…
Oh my goodness! Ella looks so much like you!

Popular Posts