Fathers Day Fishing trip



















For an early fathers day gift, we arranged to go fishing with my dad on Saturday...which I might mention we haven't done in at least 12 years! We drove up to Toucanon (about 90 min from Richland) and went fishing at Rainbow Lake, where we used to go as kids years back. An added bonus: It was Family fishing day, so we saved $15 per person by not having to buy licenses!














True to the past, it was awesome fishing! The hardest part was baiting the hooks, since as soon as you cast even 3 feet out you caught a fish! We caught in total 26 fish and we were only there about 3 hours.













The weather was not great, but that meant the lake was less crowded than it should have been! We all layered up but it was windy and rainy. We took turns getting warm in the car with Ella and then heading back out to get some more fish, otherwise I am sure we could have caught more!




















Poor Ella, is not enjoying the cold! But Grandma's sweater looks good on her!







































Dallin was exhausted from Graduation and his Senior Party.
Jason was just hanging out listening to music.














Once we had all caught a good amount of fish, we really wanted Ella to be able to help reel one in. AND she did! Grandpa got a fish and she helped him bring it ashore. She loved it!
















It was so much fun! Later when she was getting warm in the car, I asked her about the fish and she said "I caught it, I caught it!"

Another Field family tradition has been introduced; the other being horseback riding.



















Bob had only been fishing TWICE in his life, so it was a great day for him to see that you really CAN catch fish! (especially when the lake was just stocked with 3700 rainbow trout for free fishing weekend, odds are in definitely in your favor!)

There is a hatchery close by that we used to go to as kids, so we had to stop there on our way back. Ella was totally Grandpa's buddy that day, helping him and following him around.














Family Photo with 26 fish! All but Jason actually fished. When we tried to get the count back up to 26 and see how many each person had caught, we were about 10 low...so that means it was great fishing if no one can remember how many they caught!













My dad pan-fried 6 fish and they were delicious! For dinner, we had the choice of burritos or fish. I am not a fish fan but it was so good, at least it was that day. I didn't even eat a burrito...pregnancy cravings and tastes are so weird! My tastes change too much every day. We were going to being some fish home with us, but I was afraid the smell would be too much for me. Oh, well. Enjoy the fish Grandpa!















Thanks again Grandpa and Happy Father's day!

Comments

Popular Posts