Happy Birthday Old Man Bob















Old Man Bob has been dreading this birthday for months now. "I am getting so old," he kept saying. I told him once he hits 40 or 50, we can talk about who is getting old...not that I would know! :)

















Making the cake:
When Ella and I went to purchase the ingredients for the cake, we were out of luck, so we improvised! We bought whipped cream in a carton, but I hadn't made that in years, so here I am calling for help while Ella is mixing. (Thanks Martha, it worked great, and we didn't make butter!)

Then Bob helped Ella so I could work on another step: crumbling the--not Skor bar, for a Skor cake--but a Symphony bar instead.















Look at this girl, doesn't she look like she knows exactly what she is doing! She loves to be mommy's helper, especially when food is involved...















She became the taste tester! and she approved.















Here is Daddy's cake from your two girls.
Happy Birthday sweetheart!
















Bob knew he would not get home until way late from work that night, so we had cake and ice cream for breakfast...just like in the "Single Days", Bob. Corn Dogs were also reintroduced for the first time in awhile...he was on cloud nine.














Alright, headphones for the keyboard!














And first aid kits for the cars.














Testing out the tunes!






































After daddy went to work, Ella and I got out the water colors and made Daddy a card and some pictures. It was the first time we had done that and Ella loved it.














HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

Comments

Popular Posts