Contraction, contraction...what's your action?

(chanted to conjuction, conjuction)
Bob started saying this after our crazy weekend!

Friday: I started to have more regular contractions but they were just annoying Braxton hicks.

Saturday was beautiful and we took advantage of the weather and walked to the park. After we got back, Ella ran head long into the wall and in trying to comfort her, I picked her up and did the splits (one foot on the wood floor, the other on the carpet...) From then on, the contractions increased until Sunday night when then they were about 6 mins apart. We were hoping to make it to Monday and not have to play the ER game and after lots of water, and Bob reading poetry to me (which I normally hate), we finally got to sleep! Bob was so overwhelmed the baby would be coming that night, that he packed our bags for the hospital. (SIDE NOTE: This is a major plus, because when Ella was born he didn't pack his own pjs, so he borrowed my mine and when it was time to go home...I didn't have any pants to wear out of the hospital!)

Monday, I still had contractions but they didn't seem regular. False labor, I thought, I am glad we didn't go in over the weekend.

Well, we met with our Dr. on Tuesday, told him about everything and he didn't seem the least bit concerned. A little later that night, my contractions got more frequent again.

We had a scheduled apppointment with our specialist on Wednesday (a different one, which makes for a total of 5 doctors; 6 by next week since our Ob Dr will be out of town.) All three specialists are still adamant that our due date is Nov 28! When we told them about the weekend we'd had and that I was still having contractions every 8 mins or so...that's when the fun began. We still thought they were just Braxton Hicks, but couldn't understand why they were so rythmic. The contractions were starting to pull at my c-section scar and we were concerned about the pressure it would cause and the problems that could result from it. We were sent to do testing at EIRMC and after an hour of that, we were transferred to Madison so our OB Dr. could figure out what to do. Three hours later, they had slowed my labor back to every 30 mins, with the instructions to "take it light" once I got home.

We left the house wednesday at 10 Am for our appointment in Idaho Falls and didn't get back till after 6 PM! So after talking with my "personal nurse" back home who works OB, she said "take it easy" meant BED REST! 2 hours up, 2 hours down...and no lifting Ella (who still sleeps in a crib)!

With the new developments, my mom is coming to help us out for a week or so and then trading with my mother in law. So if any of you are in the area and bored, like I am sure I will be very quickly, give me a call and come say Hi. And thanks in advance to all those who have watched Ella or have or will help us out in anyway. We are truly grateful for our friends, family and ward members watching out for us. Please keep us in your prayers, we can feel of their strength and it is a great blessing to us.

The good news in all this?
Baby James looks "perfect" and is responding exactly as he should according to every test performed. He is still very active and can move a lot more than I thought; he did a complete 360 the other night while he had the hiccups...it was really funny to watch!

Comments

Its amazes me that you can watch your child do a 360! I always have to much other stuff :P on me to see the baby rotating.

Popular Posts