The Name Game

Okay, I have been so excited to post this! We decided on a name for our little boy and surprised my dad with the name on Sunday for his birthday. This is what how we broke the news:

Dear Grandpa,
I hear you're getting older,
going on fifty, so they say.
I couldn't be much bolder
than wish you Happy Birthday!

I will be born sometime soon –
when that is, no one really knows –
and then you all can swoon
over my cute fingers and toes.

One question I have for you –
it might sound kind of lame,
but please answer me true:
Grandpa, can I share your name?

Mommy and Daddy think
that James sounds best for me
and Russell for the middle link
after my own Daddy.

I know Jim is your full name,
not James like mine will be,
but when we meet, you'll exclaim,
“You're my grandson, Jimmy!”
Please let my parents know.
They really hope you like it.
Is the name James a go?
Tell them – they're not psychic.
Anyway, Grandpa, I can't wait
until you see my real face.
This Ripley's picture – sure it's great,
but I'll be one handsome ace!
Love,
James Russell Patten

Comments

This is so cute...it made me want to cry and I don't even know your dad...lol! Here is our e-mail address (nycpetersen@gmail.com) send me an e-mail so I can have your address to invite you on to our blog! Sorry the desk didn't work!!!! :(

Popular Posts