Insults and Imagination

Ella insulted her Daddy for the first time the other day. Bob and I were discussing what to do for Family Home Evening that night and suggested Adam and Eve as a possibility. Ella overheard and said "Dad, you are fruit...and you are going bad!"

James has also started to work on this skill. He often says what sounds like Dad and Ella, but doesn't usually say Mama. I was trying to get him to say the best one :) and he looked at me and said Da-Da and then turned and laughed. I repeated Ma-ma to which he looked back at me and said..Ella! and then turned and laughed again.

Ella also has a new friend. Let me introduce you to Brownchew. She is 5 years old, lives in Utah...and that is all I know about Ella's imaginary friend. We have all talked to Brownchew on the phone and Ella is constantly asking if we can go to Utah...she even pulled James away from the table, in his highchair, this morning, while I was feeding him and said, "I am taking him away." When I asked her where...You guessed it Utah!

Being served make-believe or pretend food is a common occurrence at our house, especially just before bed. We had some friends over the other night while this "food" became available. While eating his pretend food, Bob gave a pretend burp. Ella said "sometimes my bottom burps!" :) And our friend said, "yeah sometimes mine does too!"

There are so many other silly phrases I need to start writing down, like this one:
"Ella it is up to you. You can where a sweater or jacket,"
followed by Ella throwing a fit...and crying "No! No its not, it is DOWN to me!"

Comments

Popular Posts