Rexburg Air Show
After many years of living in Rexburg and trying to sleep through the loud airplanes on Saturday in June ...we finally went to the Free Air Show yesterday! Last year I convinced Bob to go to the Air show...but we were just in time last year to sit in an hour's worth of traffic.B So it was decide that we would walk or not go. Bob even asked if I knew anyone with a wheelchair, so he could put Ella on my lap, James in the front carrier and push us all to the park...Ha ha, very funny! Luckily, James and I were able to get a ride with someone who had to drive anyway: my sister and her family.
Thanks for being our chauffeur so I could go.
Saturday morning: Bob went get Ella up. (She is becoming quite independent lately and has even done the nightly rituals of singing by herself for the last few nights.) Ella looked up and said "I want Daddy to go away" as in I'm still sleeping, Five more minutes. Bob reminded Ella about the Air show and she sat straight up in bed and put on the biggest smile. Snacks in hand, Bob and Ella had a nice Daddy-Daughter Date and walked to the park across from the airport and we met them there.
It was about half way over when we got there but we loved it. Cloudy, then sunny, then rainy, welcome to Rexburg weather.
We took pictures, even though we couldn't see what we were shooting at half the time...
One of the pilots name is Pietsch and had a Jelly Belly plane. Ella especially liked this one and always asked "Where's Peach?" :)
After a few hours of watching the airplanes, Daddy and Ella decide to join them.
We stood up to watch and see the airplanes leaving the airport across the street and when I looked back down at James this is what I saw. My heart skipped a beat: James had disappeared...
But then he reappeared! with the help from his frantic mother :) He hadn't really disappeared, he was just totally covered from the fickle rain/hot sun weather that it looked like he'd sunk into the ground.
What a great day! No wonder so many people like to go to this every year. Ella had the choice between this or the Free Zoo Day. Good choice, Ella!
Comments