New friend
Meet Ella's new friend. She comes over to play and then Ella goes to her house, twice a week. Both of them are the oldest, almost 5, with little brothers. Similar temperament and mannerisms.
This week, I didn't know what to make for dinner (Go figure) and Ella's friend suggested chicken strips. Mind you, I have never made these. That's not true, I tried one time with frozen chicken and the breading wouldn't stick. But since then, thankfully, I have taken a cooking class and found a good recipe for chicken toes, but all I had were frozen chicken breasts. I improvised, partly defrosted it and went to work. The picky eater, ate it all: chicken toes, homemade ranch (since we were out), ketchup, baked french fries and salad greens. I found out later this is her favorite meal.
We rounded off the meal with the best kids ice cream: super fruity sherbet from Baskin Robbins. I don't know what it is really called, but it has blue raspberry and sour apple flavors instead of the regular sherbets. And it is turns tongues purple!
Later there was dancing...
and stopping to change outfits...
and dancing again all night long!
(the flowers were another "wedding gift" Ella was given earlier that day. She is already deciding on her "colors." What a girl!)
We are so thankful to have more friends for Ella. Most of our friends with girls have or will move, so we are trying to keep/find as many as we can right now. And it looks like we are off to a great start this year!
Comments