What a joy to be home! I really do mean that. I have missed so much being at school and working on the shows. My little boy is turning into a "myself" big boy. Mostly, he wants to do things by himself, but doesn't have the skills yet to do so.
However, he loves cooking "cook, cook, cook!" The other night James made microwave meatloaf. He loved pushing the buttons and hearing it "ding."

James has also taken after his Grandpa Field and we call him our little engineer--train engineer that is. (Sorry, Dad, not soil...yet. I am sure he will play in the dirt, when we can find it.)
James will take anything...and I do mean anything and chew to size, stack, roll, slide it into place to make trains.
Trains
blocks
crackers
fruit snacks, you name it.
Any cars parallel parked= train.
He even pulls the reclining chair, kitchen chairs, rocker in a line...and then tells me to get off the computer, so he can use the chair to finish his choo-choo.
The funniest though--the other day Bob and I were standing together and James saw us. He grinned, grabbed Bob's pant leg and started pushing us forward saying, "choo-choo."

His baby is also named after trains, "Baby Choo-choo," not even a surprise anymore. One night, he was singing and dancing with his baby. I told him to hold his baby like a Daddy...and this is what he did.

Ella is in the dress-up stage, and probably will all her life with all the theater influences she has. So James joins in the fun. Thankfully, he has yet to wear, or ask to wear a skirt/dress. They love music and often break out into song at the dinner table. With the beat they start, Bob and I join in and beat-box, drum the table, until Bob and I stop at the same time.
No singing at the table? Hmph, not at our house :) Come join the band!
However, he loves cooking "cook, cook, cook!" The other night James made microwave meatloaf. He loved pushing the buttons and hearing it "ding."
James has also taken after his Grandpa Field and we call him our little engineer--train engineer that is. (Sorry, Dad, not soil...yet. I am sure he will play in the dirt, when we can find it.)
James will take anything...and I do mean anything and chew to size, stack, roll, slide it into place to make trains.
Trains
blocks
crackers
fruit snacks, you name it.
Any cars parallel parked= train.
He even pulls the reclining chair, kitchen chairs, rocker in a line...and then tells me to get off the computer, so he can use the chair to finish his choo-choo.
The funniest though--the other day Bob and I were standing together and James saw us. He grinned, grabbed Bob's pant leg and started pushing us forward saying, "choo-choo."
His baby is also named after trains, "Baby Choo-choo," not even a surprise anymore. One night, he was singing and dancing with his baby. I told him to hold his baby like a Daddy...and this is what he did.
Ella is in the dress-up stage, and probably will all her life with all the theater influences she has. So James joins in the fun. Thankfully, he has yet to wear, or ask to wear a skirt/dress. They love music and often break out into song at the dinner table. With the beat they start, Bob and I join in and beat-box, drum the table, until Bob and I stop at the same time.
No singing at the table? Hmph, not at our house :) Come join the band!
Comments