My week long Time Out
On the same two days as the mini-Philmont was Time Out for Women, which I have never attended in person. But this year, for the first time, it was streamed live from Salt Lake. Thankfully, it would be available for 7 days, so people like me who were attending Scout conference (or were otherwise occupied :) could catch it later. And so little by little, I did just that and it was wonderful.
After each talk, I stopped and wrote in my journal some of my thoughts, frustrations, feelings on the topics discussed. By the time one talk ended, I had some much on my mind, if I hadn't stopped to write things down, I would have missed what the Spirit was telling me, what I needed to do better and how I could improve. And then when I was ready, I could go on and on. It was so refreshing to see regular women dong their best and their kids....well, just being kids! Like the scrambled eggs in the vacuum cup so they can cook. At least my kids, just pretend to push buttons and watch a movie on our vacuum (not sure where that idea came from, but less messy so I am totally okay with it.) Or hear about Kate and Sarah from Our Best Bites fridge in the living room, pumpkins up all year and "bake at 400 nights" of assorted freezer foods. And that every meal doesn't look like their blog pictures.
I had to catch myself when on Thursday I wondered why the hostess hadn't changed to a different outfit in 5 days...oh yeah...Or why I felt like I knew some of the audience members (maybe I had seen them the day before on the video, in the same outfits, right?) Anyway, I loved being in Time Out for 6 days.
I finished Friday since Saturday night was our Stake Conference. I am loving this constant meetings. Keeps me thinking about things that matter most and not about other things. Since I was singing in choir, Bob let me go and took care of James who got the flu this morning. Poor guy. What was worse: So many people were gone and so I couldn't get sick, so we didn't spend any time together today so I would be healthy and go sing. James is feeling better already, so I hope I can still get those snuggles in tomorrow...if he will sit still :)
Thanks MOM for the invite to the TOFW! It was better than a ticket...but I think I need a cute TOWF bag and am considering going "Higher" March 22-23 when they come to Idaho Falls...what do you think? Do you need a Time Out? Anyone else?
After each talk, I stopped and wrote in my journal some of my thoughts, frustrations, feelings on the topics discussed. By the time one talk ended, I had some much on my mind, if I hadn't stopped to write things down, I would have missed what the Spirit was telling me, what I needed to do better and how I could improve. And then when I was ready, I could go on and on. It was so refreshing to see regular women dong their best and their kids....well, just being kids! Like the scrambled eggs in the vacuum cup so they can cook. At least my kids, just pretend to push buttons and watch a movie on our vacuum (not sure where that idea came from, but less messy so I am totally okay with it.) Or hear about Kate and Sarah from Our Best Bites fridge in the living room, pumpkins up all year and "bake at 400 nights" of assorted freezer foods. And that every meal doesn't look like their blog pictures.
I had to catch myself when on Thursday I wondered why the hostess hadn't changed to a different outfit in 5 days...oh yeah...Or why I felt like I knew some of the audience members (maybe I had seen them the day before on the video, in the same outfits, right?) Anyway, I loved being in Time Out for 6 days.
I finished Friday since Saturday night was our Stake Conference. I am loving this constant meetings. Keeps me thinking about things that matter most and not about other things. Since I was singing in choir, Bob let me go and took care of James who got the flu this morning. Poor guy. What was worse: So many people were gone and so I couldn't get sick, so we didn't spend any time together today so I would be healthy and go sing. James is feeling better already, so I hope I can still get those snuggles in tomorrow...if he will sit still :)
Thanks MOM for the invite to the TOFW! It was better than a ticket...but I think I need a cute TOWF bag and am considering going "Higher" March 22-23 when they come to Idaho Falls...what do you think? Do you need a Time Out? Anyone else?
Comments