Future missionary?

2010
A few months ago, when we struggled with Ella putting James in girl clothes, I had tried many things to stop it...then the thought occurred to me. 

"Ella, how can you help James to be the best missionary he can be?" 


She took him back to his room, found his suit, tie and then returned to my room, wearing his suit pants, vest, coat and shoes, looking sharp and handsome, with scriptures in hand. Then they filled their back backs with church books and started knocking on each others bedroom doors to share the Gospel.  I love these kids! 
2011 Primary program
And now with President Monson's announcement missionaries will be going out sooner! In essence, we have one less year to teach, train and prepare our kids better than ever before. 

Ella will be baptized in 18 months (assuming I did my math right)! 

Bob and I both work with the Scouts (Webelos and 11 yr olds) and realize how quickly those boys will be at missionary ages! It's an awesome responsibility and blessing to see the strength in the Rising Generation all throughout the church. 

This weekend, there is a multi stake mini-Philmont where Adrian Ochoa, counselor in the General YM Presidency will specifically address what the missionary changes mean for us as youth leaders. A sister in the ward called this morning to say, "I hear you and your husband need to go and I get your kids. Now you have no excuse." So Bob is off the hook Friday night since he is working, but then we are both going bright and early Saturday (like 6:30 until 2 ish) Thankfully, we are all BSA Trained so we don't have to stay from 2-6:30 for that as well! Should be a good date, at least the times we are together!

Comments

Popular Posts