On the wrong road
My aunt always teases me about not going to see all the "sites" around Idaho. First off: I haven't lived here for 30+ years, like she has.
But for the first time in June, Bob and I traveled to Jackson, WY. (It was for a dr. appointment for me, so Bob says we are "medical tourists" ech, I don't like the sound of that.) Anyway, we looked at the little shops, found the arches park, took pictures to prove it, but failed to find...the entrance to the National Parks. I know, it's easy right? Well, I guess we turned one road late and ended up at a school. We then found a city park, still nice, and enjoyed a picnic before heading to my appointment.
Knowing we would be returning to Jackson in a few months, we told the kids about the candy factory and they were so excited to go back with us. Bob's cousin Anika also came with us to help watch the kids so Bob could stay with me for another dr. visit.
Once again, my aunt gave us ideas of places to see as well as a MAP. I looked over it with her, saw the roads and how to get to the parks and hoped to take the kids to some of the museums, not just the candy factory in Jackson. We planned a route to take us around the park, so we didn't have to pay any fees.
Armed with information, we were on our way. But we had to stop when we came across this! Only in Idaho! It was described as "Mater" from Cars. Not quite, but still pretty funny and right off the highway.
![]() |
| Are you surprised? It's Idaho remember |

Everyone who heard we were off to Jackson told us it was beautiful this time of year. Don't get me wrong, I liked the scenery in June, but oh. my. Before we even got to Jackson, I was in awe! They were so right! It was gorgeous with the leaves changing against the backdrop of the mountains. I totally understand why people like to visit in the Fall. Live there all year round, I'll pass, but to stay a few days up there would be grand. Maybe some day, for now, we take day trips, do a little site seeing, visit the dr. and then head home.
In Jackson, we ate at the Arches Park (see? new proof since we can't get the pictures we took in June off Bob's phone :) While sitting on the bench, I showed Bob the road to the National Parks and which way we should go, so we both knew. And of course we had to take more Arches pictures with everyone. (Those are on Bob's other phone...I better get them before this repeats itself.)
![]() |
| James LOVED the Antlers and walking around the brick benches surrounding them. |
We came to a junction, but not the one labeled on the map. We kept driving, until it dawned on me, we didn't go by the Arches park! :) We had planned a scenic drive, so I didn't have to walk so much, and this definitely counted as scenic! The pictures DON'T do it justice. GO THERE if you haven't!We kept driving until we reached Alpine, WY. I would say Oops, but really the drive was gorgeous and I couldn't stop taking pictures as we drove by.
Oh well, guess we have to try again next time we go to Jackson. Third times the charm :) We'll be back at the end of the month.









Comments