Royal Bookworm
I want to brag about Ella for a minute. Can I? She is doing awesome in school, very helpful to her teacher as well and she loves Loves LOVES to read. She tested at 158 words per minute, read out loud and correctly. Goal for first grade is 80 by the end of the school year. 2nd grade goal? 120! Way to go Princess.Oh and the crown is her reward for reading 90 books since school started (end of Aug to end of September)
Goal: 100 books by the end of the school year...
During Harvest Break, she read about 690 minutes in 10 days--earning her a Top minutes reading certificate!
Not only does she love to read, but she has turned into a writer. She doesn't want toys, just paper and pencil so she can write and draw pictures of the stories.
I typed in some of her stories (after finding them the day I helped her clean her room).
She copies word for word from books and makes up her own. Unless, I've read the books, I'm not always sure what is copied and what is coming from her. I kept her original spelling as well.
See what you think.
I love you with colors by Ella Patten
contents
c(h)apters
1 Mont(h)s and mont(h)s
2 P(r)etty voice
3 how I Love Who You are
Ch 1
Mont(h)s and mont(h)s
noodl(e) for mont(h)s
I just wanta noodl
mom siad no because no she siad
Why no (?)
how I love you Junei B Jones said mom
Right yes
Junie B Jones siad
But mom
Ok siad mom
But Junie B Jones did not finish as she got into bed
Well well well I Just Love you I cant stop siad mom
love
I dont like love
I do
I love writing
Ch 2 Pretty voice
Oh how you have a pretty voice said her mom.
thanks mom. I love you
chapter 3
how I love who you are
oh mom love who you are
you are a great mom
thanks said mom
Love the book of Junie B Jones and dont
(On the back cover)
Read the next book about me
Junie B Jones and me
Keep up the Great Work, Ella!

Comments