I, Ella, make a record

Ella's notes from General Conference

On the front of her "Cofrice Generel" notes, it says: 
"And I, Ella, make a record w(h)ich I have both see(n) and heard" 

On her own she memorized Mormon 1:1 "And now I, Mormon make a record of the things which I have both seen and heard and call it the Book of Mormon." Thanks to Ella, I have this scripture mostly memorized as well.

She LOVES to write and has often written on a spare page "The Book of Mormon" folded it in half and written this verse inside. Now, she is using the verse to say: this is what I have seen and heard in Conference 

For Elder Hales talk, she wrote (as is, I didn't change her spelling, unless there are ( )s to comment)

Have eternal life We do that
by geting the Holy Gost
a fresh bone. A Father and son   
(A fresh bone? Look it up here and see what Elder Hales really said) 


Follow me and I will 
make you Fishers
of men. If men come 
unto me I will 
show of weakness
Return to Gallily
I go fishing
Peter cast himself into the 
shore and I Returned 
to Him. Come unto I
the holy gost Invited
for tho see and Believe 
for may unto me
follow me
Bless those who are 
Lost. How be what you
will be the Lord's
Disiples our member of the church
Jesus teached each one

And this is one talk! She did this for each one, but she only gave me the two of them. The other is the one by President Eyring.

Presdent Ering
Feel that God is away
from us aveilin (pavilion)
to God. We can be Hiden
God never Hides from his
faithful children. He
can be in one place
Jesus watches us
takes care of us
But I was give by the
church. There was
a voice in my mind
that said Its my scool
well pall I had a strong
to not stay In Ricks College
I went to pray
again. Do not leav
Rick College for a little
while
...
She prayed out loud
she did not want
another child. She prayed
for a divine aran (errand)

I especially liked this talk and have similar experiences to "I will let you stay in Rexburg a little longer." :) We joke that we can't get out of Rexburg, but we know without a doubt, the Lord wants and needs us here. He has always prepared a way for us and for now, that way is Here.

Bob and I were married close to here, graduated here, our children were born here (wow, I sound old, reminiscing like that) but truly, we have started our life together and made our life here. The song "I'll go where you want me to go" comes to mind. The Lord sent me here to Rexburg in 2004, less than 10 days before BYUI started classes, and yet, He prepared a way. In 2006, after Bob graduated, the day we went to book tickets to move to CA after 3 months of unemployment and new baby, Bob interviewed at the Standard Journal and He prepared a way. Last year, when we wanted to move out of the city, but stay in the area, He prepared a way. And so many other miracles, too numerous to mention!

We are planning to leave in Dec 2013/April 2014...but all on the Lord's timeline and in His way. I have fallin' in love with Hibbard, just outside of the city and would like to stay, if that is the Lord's will and if Bob can find better employment.  Will we leave Rexburg? Some day, only time will reveal His plan.


Thank you, Ella, for having the desire to learn and to teach. And for giving me the opportunity to write down some of my thoughts about Conference. You will be a great missionary!


Okay, she is a little older now,
but I love this picture :)

Comments

Popular Posts