Family Reuniting



We traveled to Utah last week for Bob's family reunion. It took much longer than 4 hours to reach our destination with our growing children...but after 6 1/2 hours we arrived and I might add, we were one of the first ones there. The picture above is of Bob's grandparents who have both passed away. It was so fitting that they were there with us in the lodge for the reunion. They would have loved it!


We stayed at the Timpanogos Lodge and it was so beautiful. Ella loved going to the swings just up the hill, several times a day and going on on walks with anyone who would take her.


The sleeping arrangements were all upstairs except the "Grandma and Grandpa" Room on the bottom floor where we stayed (THANK YOU!) I never went upstairs where the orphanage style beds were, but Ella attempted to sleep up there one night with Grammy and Grandpa. It lasted till 3 AM! which we weren't really surprised about since it was her first time sleeping away from us for a night (except for when Bob and I were in the hospital in November, when there really wasn't much of a choice.)

The Lodge was so large (in the background) that the only time it really felt crowded was Saturday when the BIG reunion took place there. In other words: any of Bob's Dad's Dad's relatives that wanted to come, and many did! My father-in-law and others put a lot of work into getting everything ready for the BIG reunion and it was awesome. (More pictures later.)

These are random pictures on our camera of the fun times had by all!






Oh, and My mother-in-law is pretty much the most amazing ever! She gave me a quilt at the reunion that she has been working on. But not just any quilt, it is of my theatre play t-shirts quilted together with blue and green borders and fun buttons. I love it! She and everyone else did such a wonderful job. Thank you so much. I will post pictures when I get them, since I didn't have any of those pics on my camera. What a fun surprise!


Don't cry boys! This reunion was great. Hopefully we'll get together with everyone again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts