If I only had a brain...

I think I have a brain, but if not the technicians were mesmerized by the space between my ears for almost an hour on Tuesday morning :) It was funny: I almost felt like Tim the Tool Man Taylor at the hospital.
The receptionist said: Remind me of your name?
The technician was like, "Didn't I just scan you? What did we do last time?"
Yep, I have friends at Madison Memorial, but I don't know their names. Actually, I wish I got the tech's name because he was so funny! When I went in two weeks ago for the other MRI, I started by just laying on the table to scan my back and then, he came in and strapped my hips down and taped my feet together so they wouldn't move for the hips MRI. I think he was trying to kidnap me but he forgot a ransom, although he did have the torture device, so maybe that's all he wanted. Tuesday, he was like "you know the drill" For the brain MRI, my head was strapped to a board so I couldn't move it and then a mirror was placed at eye level so I could see out into the room...well that's all nice and good but he took my glasses and I am totally blind without them. It was a nice thought anyway :)
Yesterday: I thought if the Dr.s were going to call they would do so between 5 and 6 pm. Well, I woke up from my nap around that time and tried not to watch the clock (yeah right!) A few people called me back and that kept me busy till 5:30. I was bored (uh oh!) and thought I would call a friend, so I did. Well when her phone died 15 minutes later, my phone told me I had a voice mail, but no missed a call? Sure enough it was the Dr.s! The Nurse called at the exact same time I called Hillary! GRRRRRRRRRRR! (It was still good to talk to you, friend) Anyway, so I called them last night and they were gone :(
I have been up since about 7 am (yes ME!) and called them at 8, to learn they didn't open till 9. Argh! It is now after 9, but am still waiting for the call...(I bet as soon as I post this it will come, what do you think?)We are pretty sure they found something, but who knows what! Oh, well I guess this is trying to teach me patience...I don't know if I'm learning the lesson very well though.
Comments