One of THOSE Days
Yesterday was one thing after another! You know what I meam: the hitting, kicking, pooping, yelling, screaming, pull your hair out kind of day. Yup, we had it all. On top all that the FREE ice cream we have been excited for did NOT show up, but you get what you paiid for, so I felt pretty duped...and embarrassed since we were supposed to take it to our neighbors house last night. But since we couldn't go anyway, at least i had an excuse to hide out at home.
The biggest issue besdies disobeying is the 33 lb toddler trying to pick up and carry the 19 lb little brother all over the place. Oh and James is learning to defend himself, so that's fun, too! Yesterday, James was raised up by his legs about 12 inches and then dropped face first on the wood floor. It was good thing Ella ran fast out of the bathroom :) and then Bob showed up right as I was about to deal with it. Oh, he had miraculous timing. Any later and he might have had to dig Ella out of our trash can. Not really, but really, have any of you had this problem? What did you do? We have been doing timeout, but it is so dangerous, we just don't know think she's getting it! I tried to search for answers online yesterday and found a whole bunch of depressing things so I stopped. So, Bob and I went through the baby books to find solutions and it just says don't let them. Yeah thanks that was real helpful. So any ideas? Ans while we are getting ideas, I have another question, stemmed from yesterdays encounters? How do you punish, what are the consequences? I always have to think so hard to come up with something that doesn't punish ME more than her!
On a happy, err no I won't say happy, but an interesting note to all this...Supposedly when kids retaliate so much and rebel against everything, supposedly, that is when they are going and maturing the most, so supposedly we are supposed to be grateful for this stage and their growth and development. You can think what you want but I am still stuck at supposedly :)
The biggest issue besdies disobeying is the 33 lb toddler trying to pick up and carry the 19 lb little brother all over the place. Oh and James is learning to defend himself, so that's fun, too! Yesterday, James was raised up by his legs about 12 inches and then dropped face first on the wood floor. It was good thing Ella ran fast out of the bathroom :) and then Bob showed up right as I was about to deal with it. Oh, he had miraculous timing. Any later and he might have had to dig Ella out of our trash can. Not really, but really, have any of you had this problem? What did you do? We have been doing timeout, but it is so dangerous, we just don't know think she's getting it! I tried to search for answers online yesterday and found a whole bunch of depressing things so I stopped. So, Bob and I went through the baby books to find solutions and it just says don't let them. Yeah thanks that was real helpful. So any ideas? Ans while we are getting ideas, I have another question, stemmed from yesterdays encounters? How do you punish, what are the consequences? I always have to think so hard to come up with something that doesn't punish ME more than her!
On a happy, err no I won't say happy, but an interesting note to all this...Supposedly when kids retaliate so much and rebel against everything, supposedly, that is when they are going and maturing the most, so supposedly we are supposed to be grateful for this stage and their growth and development. You can think what you want but I am still stuck at supposedly :)
Comments