Two weeks down...
School has been is session for two weeks and I already know that it will be a tough semester. As crazy as things have been though, more cleaning, organizing, working and playing has gotten done in the last two weeks than I have done in about a month of not having school :) It is nice to be away learning and that makes time much sweeter with the kids when I am home. Some how, I have managed to keep up just enough in my classes.
I have a funny scheduling method right now...
it's called: Don't look ahead and Don't freak out!
That's it. Usually I sit down at the beginning of the semester with all the syllabi and put them in a calendar so I know what's coming up, etc. Well, I haven't done that and don't know if I will at all. For now, I look one class day ahead to see what's up and then not worry about the rest. So far it has worked...
So you want to hear about my classes?
Interior Design: Intro to Architecture, so far I like it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that we dont have quizzes! Loking around the house, there are so many things I wanted to change, and now I have design reasons for why I want to.
Structure and Analysis for Theatre: This class is 2 credits and about a million hours worth of reading and study! No joke, it is a tough class, and I am learning so much!
Playwrighting with Jack Weyland! Yep, you read that right. He teaches with his wife and we are learning how to write a play, as we write one. This class is amazing! I am on such a spritual high when I come home from it. Before school started I convinced my friend Nancy, who is in the Stake RS presidency to be in it with me. I love seing her every day. She is one of those people that LIFTS everyone she meets. I have started to see the talents that I have been blessed with and try not to doubt myself. For years Bob has told me I will never be a writer if I don't write :) Go figure on that one, but it's true. Already, I have learned to just write, and not worry about what comes. I am not saying that it is any good, but I am learning to trust in my talents. Some of you know that I wanted to write a play this summer...well, I never really got started. Why? Becasue I wounldn't/couldn't just sit and write. I am back on track and even with all my classes, my goal is to write a play completely by October 24! Anyone want to help? :)
I am also taking Intro to Finance on the days that Ella has pre-school and enjoying that. One of Bob's coworker is in my class and on the first day he said, I know you." and once he figured out how he knew me, he said, "Oh yeah, I see your picture every day..." :) we got a good laugh out of that! Bob said maybe he should take all the pictures of me down at work until the semester is over. LOL. If he does than he really won't see me all semester.
This schedule is a little crazier that last semesters with 3 classes one day and then one class the next...homework load is insane on those days! Bob wakes up, takes the kids jogging with him and gets then ready for the day. Wednesdays are crazy though. They are my least favorite day, since I feel like I don't see Bob at all. Our neighbor Andrea watched the kids for 3 hours! So like I said, it will be a tough semester, but I know we can do it! There have already been so many blessings and we are only 2 weeks in.
I have a funny scheduling method right now...
it's called: Don't look ahead and Don't freak out!
That's it. Usually I sit down at the beginning of the semester with all the syllabi and put them in a calendar so I know what's coming up, etc. Well, I haven't done that and don't know if I will at all. For now, I look one class day ahead to see what's up and then not worry about the rest. So far it has worked...
So you want to hear about my classes?
Interior Design: Intro to Architecture, so far I like it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that we dont have quizzes! Loking around the house, there are so many things I wanted to change, and now I have design reasons for why I want to.
Structure and Analysis for Theatre: This class is 2 credits and about a million hours worth of reading and study! No joke, it is a tough class, and I am learning so much!
Playwrighting with Jack Weyland! Yep, you read that right. He teaches with his wife and we are learning how to write a play, as we write one. This class is amazing! I am on such a spritual high when I come home from it. Before school started I convinced my friend Nancy, who is in the Stake RS presidency to be in it with me. I love seing her every day. She is one of those people that LIFTS everyone she meets. I have started to see the talents that I have been blessed with and try not to doubt myself. For years Bob has told me I will never be a writer if I don't write :) Go figure on that one, but it's true. Already, I have learned to just write, and not worry about what comes. I am not saying that it is any good, but I am learning to trust in my talents. Some of you know that I wanted to write a play this summer...well, I never really got started. Why? Becasue I wounldn't/couldn't just sit and write. I am back on track and even with all my classes, my goal is to write a play completely by October 24! Anyone want to help? :)
I am also taking Intro to Finance on the days that Ella has pre-school and enjoying that. One of Bob's coworker is in my class and on the first day he said, I know you." and once he figured out how he knew me, he said, "Oh yeah, I see your picture every day..." :) we got a good laugh out of that! Bob said maybe he should take all the pictures of me down at work until the semester is over. LOL. If he does than he really won't see me all semester.
This schedule is a little crazier that last semesters with 3 classes one day and then one class the next...homework load is insane on those days! Bob wakes up, takes the kids jogging with him and gets then ready for the day. Wednesdays are crazy though. They are my least favorite day, since I feel like I don't see Bob at all. Our neighbor Andrea watched the kids for 3 hours! So like I said, it will be a tough semester, but I know we can do it! There have already been so many blessings and we are only 2 weeks in.
Comments